Man busted after purposely going to jail to sell drug-filled Kinder Surprise eggs smuggled in his butt

Wow, I thought you were joking, until I googled it.

O_o

The US is really strange…

5 Likes

The surprises are a choking hazard, they say. But, you know, just don’t give them to toddlers. Works in Europe.

6 Likes

Personal accountability; too much like right in the good ol’ US of A.

SMH

4 Likes

Butt Chocolate. One of the few kinks I will never, ever try.

Knock on wood.

I hadn’t realized they were illegal here. Weird, I just saw some in a candy store in San Diego maybe six weeks ago. Maybe they started repurposing all those drug smuggling tunnels along the border now that they won’t be needed for weed anymore.

4 Likes

Amateur hour this. Surely the profit you stand to make from those <2 ounces of weed and throwaway amounts of other would never in a million years warrant the effort.
Next time, try fewer eggs with higher paying product inside, heroin would be (obviously duh!) a safe bet.

Was that what I was supposed to get from this article?

3 Likes

Well you have to also account for the probability that he was going to do something stupid enough to land him in jail for the evening anyway.

2 Likes

Are you sure they weren’t Kinder Creme Eggs? The cream eggs are fine, the surprise eggs are not (no inedible things shrouded in edible things)

I suppose this technically means it’s illegal to bake an engagement ring into a cake for somebody…

3 Likes

I’m almost positive I saw the Kinder surprise eggs because my kids were begging for the ones with the toy inside. At any rate I distinctly remember encountering them in the not-too-distant past but some of those could have been from friends or family bringing them in from Europe without getting caught by customs.

1 Like

I should just say here that I really love the term “hooping”, and hope to use it more.

1 Like

They also sell em just over the border in Enlightened Canada. Somehow their kids have managed to not choke on the toys.

I’ve heard of places here in the U.S. selling them. I’ve always figured the businesses are just taking a risk with some smuggled product.

Yep. I’ve seen Kinder Surprise eggs at a local international market near me. Apparently enforcement of a law banning the retail of something about as harmful as Cracker Jack (OK, back when they still had actual toys*) is rather lax.

*Let’s not get too nostalgic. Most of those toys were entertaining for about two minutes.

3 Likes

They’re sold in Mexico, so somebody probably has a supply line out of Tijuana.
I mean, they can’t even manage to keep the cheese or candy vendors from selling on the trolleys, so I don’t think they’re looking too closely at the mom and pop shops.

1 Like

Probably sold under some street name like “Huevos fantásticos” or “Special K.”

1 Like

Yeah, that would have eventually rect 'um.

3 Likes

Obviously someone else is smuggling in Kinder Eggs filled with money or diamonds.

3 Likes

Surprise, surprise - it turns out corporate moat building and maintenance has more to do with it:

1 Like

When the jack-booted SWAT team breaks down your door in the middle of the night looking for Kinder Eggs, at least you’ll know which country you’re in.

3 Likes

Is that an egg up your butt or are you just happy to see me?