Man busted for driving himself to his driving test

Originally published at: Man busted for driving himself to his driving test | Boing Boing

2 Likes

seems like they could at least have given him the test first, and then maybe busted him if he failed

10 Likes

I drove myself to my driver’s ed class in high school. Due to medical issues, I couldn’t get my driver’s license when I was 16. I actually took driver’s ed the summer after I graduated from high school. I don’t remember why that was allowed, but it was. The only reason I took the class was to qualify for an insurance discount. So about halfway through the class, I went and took my driving exam, passed, and got my license. So I drove myself to class the rest of the class. I got some funny looks from my classmates that next day when I pulled up alone in my car.

19 Likes

I drove myself to my driver’s test with my dad as copilot. (Legal in NJ at the time, I don’t know about now.) He wandered off to get coffee while I checked in. So of course the inspector wanted to know where my adult copilot was. They thought I was lying, so they made me sit there until he came back, and it took forever. Passed on the first try, though. Good times, good times.

22 Likes

He did prove, in my eyes that he can drive.

9 Likes

16 Likes

I represented a guy who had his license suspended in court and then attempted to drive home. It didn’t go well.

13 Likes

did no one else see this? the caption, lordy. those classic stock house keywords “beautiful young woman”

9 Likes

I did this for my license. Nobody had told me that the moment I got a California student license I was no longer allowed to drive using my UK driver’s license. I was not allowed to take my test.

6 Likes

Police also opened an investigation of the car’s owner.

Umm, settle down there “investigators”

5 Likes

Came to say the same - plus, who captions this stuff? There is NO woman visible in this picture, let alone a “beautiful young” one, FFS!!!

I assume stock photo clients do a word search and the captioners hope they will alight on a photo like this, suckered in by the keywords and, having seen the pic, be so impressed by it - despite it not delivering on its promise - that they’ll immediately license it for use. Bait and switch, every time.

3 Likes

“attractive young lens flare chats with instructor”

19 Likes

And did he step out of the car, nonchalantly, with a beer in his hand?

4 Likes

“You’re supposed to touch your own nose, Dad.”

7 Likes

this is exactly how i took my driving test: asked friend to drive me to the test, friend threw me their keys and said: good luck.

nobody batted an eye at the dmv. i think they’re probably pretty used to it

5 Likes

She is like a ray of sunshine!

10 Likes

Snitches, man.

1 Like

My driving test consisted of chatting about rugby with the local cop while we did the circuit of the town he took all the kids on.
Then a few theory questions, then I got my license.
Later I learned how to drive safely. It was not a good system looking back.

6 Likes

My mo swears that she only got her license (on the third try) because she was eight months pregnant with my oldest brother and the examiner was afraid she would pop right there.
And after that she was in three collisions during her 50 years of driving, and they all had other drivers hitting her car.

2 Likes

I certainly would feel much safer going to Germany now that I know the police are quick to snuff out such horrible crimes before the whole country is brought to its knees by the likes of such scofflaws.

1 Like