Man escaped prison with his mom — wearing her clothes

Originally published at: Man escaped prison with his mom — wearing her clothes - Boing Boing

6 Likes

IMG_1461

3 Likes

images

2 Likes

2 Likes

I mean, good effort.

Also nice they caught him and put his dastardly Mom in jail too.

4 Likes

So, it wasn’t the prison staff, who noticed that an inmate is, kind of, missing … no, it were some absolute strangers, that recognized a person they never personally met while seeing him briefly, from a strangers’ distance, and were so sure that they had to call the police?

Either I misunderstood, deeply, the brief version of the post given here in the forums, or he did not need his mom to escape that prison. I mean - one visitor walks in, two walk out, noone is taken back to his cell or wherever from the visitations area

5 Likes

According to the timeline in the news article:

• On Sunday at 3:38 pm he got into the car with his mom.
  • At 6:09 pm Sunday the vehicle was spotted 110 miles away, which I would guess means that the police were already searching for it at that time.
  • At 8:25 pm Sunday the police made a traffic stop of the car, but only found the mother.
  • The convict was captured at a park on Monday morning after a passersby recognised him and called the police.

So I don’t know exactly how long it took for them to realize that he had escaped, but it sounds like things were handled fairly quickly.

5 Likes

My dad was in a minimum security prison and visits were still more tightly regulated than that! We were able to be in the same room with him – a common room with other prisoners also receiving family visits – but the prisoners were all on one side of their table, we were on the others, and we did not cross those sides. (I don’t think the guards would have shot us or anything like that, but that certainly would have been noticed!)

7 Likes

Ah, the old “Reverse Thunderdome.”

8 Likes

That had me in stitches.
You win the internet today, here is your prize:

4 Likes
1 Like

Here captured on CCTV.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.