Two men used toothbrush to tunnel out of prison only to be caught at a nearby IHOP the next morning

Originally published at: Two men used toothbrush to tunnel out of prison only to be caught at a nearby IHOP the next morning | Boing Boing

2 Likes

So not quite as much determination as I had first thought from that headline.

What was the “piece of metal”? Crowbar? Shovel?

I’m not as disappointed as I make out to be, it’s still a fun story.

3 Likes

If it was one of these color me impressed

8 Likes

The biggest downside of their escape plan was that they were unable to clean their teeth properly after that sugar-laden breakfast.

16 Likes

Using a toothbrush to create cavities?

“Had the silly thing in reverse!”

15 Likes

It that code for a shitty cinderblock wall built by a crooked contractor that likely didn’t have the steel rebar or infill that construction codes require?

23 Likes

6 Likes

They should have gone to the Waffle House.

11 Likes

They were in the Newport News City Jail, not the Virginia Beach City Jail. The Virginia Beach Jail is 32 miles from the IHOP where they were found.

3 Likes

Had they done that, I am confident that WH would’ve already hired them as spokespeople. IHOP puts on too many airs to do that but WH knows exactly what it is and feels no shame about it. I’m team Waffle House!

4 Likes
9 Likes

Wonder how far I could get with my Aquasonic on a single charge.

2 Likes

Apparently their great escape made them hungry for some pancakes BURGERS.

1 Like

Would it be incorrect to infer then that the primary reason for them escaping was the prison food?

suprised no reference to these 2 stopping for pancakes, yet

2 Likes

Honestly, that was one of the best SNL skits is its history. It hit on so many levels of humor, seriousness, the hopelessly mundane.

1 Like

I dunno, the line cook probably would have shanked them with a spatula until they went back to prison for safety and still not missed putting out a single order.

1 Like

They’d have been hired on the spot.

2 Likes

No wonder dentists recommend soft bristles.

That’s an impressive hole in the wall. I really wish more detail was given on the tool they made for this and how they used it, but I can see why they might not want to be too detailed about that.

1 Like