Man films neighbor's bizarre tantrum over cat's preferred hangout spot

… there is nothing more annoying than a car in heat

6 Likes

Well, cats don’t have owners, they have sponsors (or maybe useful idiots that harbor them).

I do have a feeling that there is a bit more going on here…the neighbor may very well be feeding or luring the cat…but still not sure why the “owner” is so upset about that other than maybe his daughter is upset that her pet doesn’t spend time with her anymore.

With that said, the neighbor/owner doesn’t seem like a completely crazy person in his mannerisms and the fact that the “cat harborer” is publishing this on the Internet in a putative manner appears to indicate to me, again, that there is a lot more going on here.

2 Likes

“Cat Pervert!”

Season 2 Seriously GIF by SHOWTIME

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s a fair point. Not sure what was going on there.

… don’t Google that

2 Likes

Furries…

No. Don’t mess with Furries. They’re fluffy, and a little weird, but no weirder than the rest of us.

9 Likes

Sorry Shame GIF by reactionseditor

6 Likes

I’m mystified by the vituperation and apparent dichotomy between “keeping a cat indoors” and “Keeping a cat outdoors”…
Our cats (we have had four, sequentially) lived most of their lives indoors, and occasionally asked to go outside to nibble grass and poop in our flowerbeds.
Yeah, one of them attempted a murder spree on the local birds but we put a collar and bell on her and it stopped. What I’m seeing here is people (a) who don’t know anything directly about cats but only what they’ve read or heard and (b) people who live in a VERY VERY different environment from me and my cats.
Mostly the cats use their litter trays. They only poop outside for a change, or if they are pissed off. I grant you that isn’t rare.
What gives it away (to me) is the intensity of the argument. It’s like Parkinson’s “Bicycle Shed” law of comittee meeting arguments. If it’s fairly trivial and apparently close to home, it gets very heated and prolonged.
[Edited to say] The only cats I’ve known that lived outdoors were semi-feral cats that generally lived in a box on someone’s doorstep, or somewhere like that. And the ones I’ve known didn’t actually move very far from their station. Really feral cats don’t have human carers.

1 Like

This was way back in the day when everyone let their cats outside to roam (all of my cats are indoor cats now).
Just to show what a crafty fucker my cat was, we eventually figured out that he had 3 other homes that he visited every day - they even had bowls and beds for him! He’d show up, get fed, take a nap, then say he was going to get smokes and take off to go to the next house!
For all those that think orange cats aren’t very smart, my Topper brought the average IQ up significantly!

7 Likes

Man I really don’t get this idea people have that cats need to be outside to be happy. I have known countless indoor cats who are perfectly content and happy. Most people I know who live in cities who own cats keep them exclusively indoors. It’s not like a zoo. These are domesticated animals. Its not like trying to keep a raccoon or a mountain lion indoors…
contagious diseases, fights with other animals (yeah of course coyotes etc but even just other cats) and getting killed by cars seem like bad enough. Them killing wild birds is just an extra reason.
I sorta get it if the cats we are talking about are strays that aren’t socialized to humans (in which case programs of catch.spay/neuter, release are maybe a good idea) but the idea of raising a cat from a kitten as an outdoor cat just because you think they need to go outside to be happy is projection and anthropomorphizing.

4 Likes

We had an I/O cat that went to 20 tho.

1 Like

I have never “owned” nor met a stupid orange/ginger cat, and I’ve met many.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.