Man followed by pig on a morning walk calls the cops, who assume he's drunk. But he's not

I see your feral hogs and I raise you …

3 Likes

The police ended up returning the animal, whose name is Zoey, back to its owner.

That’s weird, when I read about this story in my local paper here in Amityville, the quote was:

The police ended up returning the animal, whose name is Jodie, back to Hell.

(ETA: Oh my, I was 2 and a half when that came out… )

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better, that song is so great that they still use it to warm up audiences at metal shows.

And even the teenagers present rock out to it and sing along.

1 Like

It is a truly epic song, as are most from that album.

Apart from metal, I came late to prog rock (got called an ageing hippy at 15 for listening to Emerson, Lake and Palmer… I said “what do you mean ‘ageing’?”), so am very excited to be seeing both Yes (at least the Anderson, Wakeman and Rabin line-up) and King Crimson later this year - both on 50th anniversary tours, oh my…

1 Like

" When an Ohio man told police he was being followed by a pig, they thought he was drunk. In fact, he was sober –– and being followed by a pig. https://cbsn.ws/2IxZIQf "

Seems the real story is CBS local news outlet is surprised Ohio man is sober at 5:30am. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I gotta tell y’all, where I live in central Texas the pigs (feral hogs) are downright terrifying. We don’t walk on the road in front of our house at dusk without the dog to warn us…and we keep a tight grip on him so he doesn’t get killed.

When I was a kid a common smart-assed reply about somebody’s absence was the statement, “He went to shit and the hogs ate him”. Not a happy thought but a kid/small person squatting down in a barn lot could be seen as a snack by a hog.

Hey man, free bacon!

(Not really, glad the pet pig got home safe.)

1 Like

I wonder how the cops in the story would have reacted to this guy?

My brother lives in the NT outback, in towns that are heavily populated with wild packs of cattle dog/dingo crossbreeds. If you leave the house without at least a big stick, you will be stalked and eaten.

5 Likes

I was just reading an historical fiction in which a British cavalry officer hunts boar on horseback with a lance in India. Now that’s badass. I was thinking those cowboys down in Texas should be all over those feral pigs! This should be a cable television sport filmed from drones! Unless them cowboys aren’t as badass as they think they are.

1 Like

I think Texans prefer riding them down in helicopters with machineguns “Full Metal Jacket” Style.

1 Like

The universe has anticipated your need.

How long has it been since the Arts & Entertainment channel was either?

2 Likes

Watch the skies!

6 Likes

Aiii and Eeeee

1 Like

withdrawn

Wow, but still not spearing them from horseback!

1 Like

The Hogger Games?
I’ll see myself out.

ETA @Faffenreffer beat me to it.

1 Like

Just west of Elyria is farms forever tho.

In NE Ohio it’s a roll of the dice: drunk, high, or court-mandated sobriety.

There’s a reason AA was born in Akron.

2 Likes

I lived in Vancouver in the era of Pickton, both the run-up to his capture and during the holy hell of his trial. Mr. Wu seemed downright amateur after that.

1 Like