Man gets swallowed by hippo and lives to talk about it

Yikes. At least you got a coke out of the deal?

2 Likes

That was amazing. I don’t even care if someone doctored the sound- it’s too funny not to laugh.

3 Likes

I met this guy in Zimbabwe back in the 90’s! I was bicycling across SE Africa with my fiancee. We were stuck in Mbizi waiting for the ferry to take us across Lake Kariba. If was a relatively posh little stopover for the area – beds, hot water, restaurant, bar. A well-earned rest-stop.

Paul and his crew were the only other patrons at the bar. They were all in yellow jumpsuits. We sidled up and started chatting. Turns out that they were on the ZZAM expedition – a kayaking tour down the length of the Zambezi river, to raise funds and awareness for landmine victims. Chris was paddling the whole thing WITH JUST ONE ARM, the paddle strapped up on his forearm. Total badass, still blown away. And a nice guy to boot! Had a great time hearing his stories at the bar that night.

Still super-impressed by his strength and resilience. Hell of a guy.

8 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

6 Likes

I tried to get an endorsement deal but no luck.

7 Likes

I don’t think so. The reaction from the crowd was a mix of shock and disbelief and laughter.

Ah, but they do! I think that was one of Mike Rowe’s Dirty Jobs where he had to clean all the shit out of the hippo pool.

2 Likes

Well, you know how gassy vegans are…

The audio could be used to create an electronic version of the whoopie cushion! With Bluetooth and cloud connectivity!

I think I watched a recent documentary on this:

3 Likes

Does it support blockchain though?

2 Likes

That cat is entirely too wet. It is the worst cat.

3 Likes

I was really hoping for the Jim Cary coming out of the hind end of a rhino gif but this was my second choice

1 Like

Be careful they don’t enhance your fingerprints and bust you for possession of that coke…

Anybody know a hippo fart authenticator?

2 Likes

Not a freeware one.

4 Likes

I knew at least one guy who could have topped that. With ease.

2 Likes

And this is why we get along despite our sometime differences of opinions, our high minded, erudite sense of humor! :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure that hippos or other animals acting in what they probably view of defense of their territory makes them “evil”… I think it just means they are doing what comes naturally. it sucks none the less for people who have been bitten or attacked, but I don’t think it makes them “evil”.

But I’m sorry you got bit. That really sucks.

1 Like

it was kind of a joke name. “hipposwilljackyouupifyoureintheirpath” doesn’t flow very well.

4 Likes

Fair enough! Sorry you got bit by a massive animal… must have been scary!

1 Like

Based on RSA, presumably?