Man gives "Moms for Liberty" a taste of their own medicine by reading from Bible at a school board meeting

Originally published at: Man gives "Moms for Liberty" a taste of their own medicine by reading from Bible at a school board meeting | Boing Boing

11 Likes

But, but, but, Jesus and something. I’ve read the bible for beginning to end. Twice. I still don’t know WTF was going on. There’s some weird shit in there.

21 Likes

Seems like these people get their hands on their Supreme School Board Powers, spend a few months or a few years making things worse for everyone, and then inevitably get caught looting the general fund or – in the best case scenario – get run out by their own voters when they see how bad things are getting.

16 Likes

Good for the people who actually have interests in the community (parents, teachers, librarians) standing up for their rights. Not that they should have had to push back against this type of behavior to start with.

26 Likes

That they’re against Liberty is obvious, but I wonder how many of the people behind this organisation are actually Moms.

12 Likes

I was flipping through the radio yesterday and came across a news briefing on what turned out to be a christian radio channel. Apparently there is some “bring your bible to school” day coming up. My thought was boy I would have some passages to ask them to read.
Ezekiel 23:20 “and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses.”
Deuteronomy 23:1 “No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.”

11 Likes

From what I’ve seen of the members many of them are more likely to have their grandkids in school than their own kids be young enough to still be in school

7 Likes

I noticed that (CORRECTION – thank you @Malarkey) Walter Masteron’s speech alluded to the racist Irish slavery myth.

6 Likes

Did I miss something? :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you! The linked article makes sense with the change.

4 Likes

These are seriously some of the tamest bible lines he could have chosen. Where are the bits about getting your dad drunk so you can have sex with him or calling a bear to murder a bunch of kids for making fun of your bald head???

14 Likes

His daughters got him drunk and raped him with the express purpose of getting pregnant with his babies, no less. [This was after Lot offered his virgin daughters as an alternative to a mob that wanted to “know” two angels disguised as male strangers!] See Genesis 19 in the King James version of the Bible on gutenberg.org

Genesis 19:15-18 says:

19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

Genesis 19:31-32 and 36:

19:31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: 19:32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

5 Likes

Well done, executed to perfection! You could see in the audience members faces their delayed reaction as they realized they just got played.

6 Likes

hah, um, yeah, err… I meant that in the sense of “why isn’t the guy reading those parts” not “please someone tell me where exactly I can find those juicy bits”. :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Their funding drips of Koch, Betsy DeVos and friends.

The goal is destruction of public education, and lurking behind that is always segregation.

Related group “Parents Defending Education” is a Koch creature.

12 Likes

Ah…that was refreshing!

2 Likes

I wonder how reading from this part would go over?

6 Likes

Did somebody say SHINY HEADED VENGEANCE!?!

6 Likes

It seems like having a Bible is simply presentational. They have Bibles, therefore they are good Christians. They don’t read the Bible from beginning to end. Most read only select excerpts when prompted in church. Similarly, the content they would object to would not be taught to their children in Sunday school, and it wouldn’t be included in the illustrated/children’s/beginner’s Bibles they buy their children – to also have available to show that they, too, are good Christians.

Ignorance doesn’t excuse this lot. Similar to what @RickMycroft said, the goal is some sort of segregation. They want to have “others” separated from their children at school, as well as the open-minded and inclusive ideas attached to their existence that might cause their children to question instead of follow.

5 Likes

The irony of that being age-limited is delicious.

4 Likes