Man in bulletproof vest and carrying "tactical" rifle arrested in WalMart

I wonder if a high enough concentration of GGWG could support a self-sustaining chain-reaction?

3 Likes

23 Likes

I did. And I do appreciate the information about the origins and motivations of the Black Panthers.

1 Like

Also, people who have a lot of shame are usually already acting in the way they act when they feel shame. If you try to shame people who overeat into not overeating, they eat more. Shame substance abusers about abusing substances and they abuse more substances. Try to shame a person who feels it’s necessary to walk around with a rifle slung over their shoulder into not carrying a rifle, they are probably going to rifle more.

13 Likes

He’s lucky to be alive.

I suspect he did it deliberately, knowing that he’d be detained. Next step is lawsuit against the police and/or Walmart to get his payout. Because technically, he wasn’t doing anything illegal.

3 Likes

Do you think they’re on their way to the gun range? I don’t. In my mind they’ve popped out to the shops and he wanted to bring his favourite toy with him. It’s pretty fucking, unbelievably juvenile and totally terrifying. Just glad i don’t live there…

14 Likes

leave - write a letter to business to let them know I’m not coming back till they implement a no firearms policy

10 Likes

Concealed carry is preparedness. You might be totally off about the actual risks. You might be “prepared” for something that will never happen. But the idea is sound: If you think you need a gun because someone might try to kill you you carry a gun and don’t let anyone know you have it until you need it.

Open carry is intimidation pure and simple. You are telling everyone who can see you “Look at me! I can kill you, and there isn’t a damned thing you can do about it. Better be nice to me.” If you are lugging around a rifle and wearing a plate carrier you are saying "I don’t want to just shoot you. I want to shoot people a quarter mile away. And I expect people with shotguns and rifles, probably the police, to be trying to kill me. Couple it with political clothing, as these idiots often do, and it’s the threat of illegal violence for political ends, terrorism. Except that most of the people doing this are white which means they’re Very Fine People.

The one exception is if they have a Moron Labia sticker like this:

That means “Free Gun!” They even asked you to come and take it.

10 Likes

RE the photo. Jesus! How many shots do you think someone could get off if they just grabbed the gun, flick the safety off start pulling the trigger??. Not even taking it off the guy, just walking up behind him, not aiming at anyone just shooting at the floor.

(I have no actual gun use experience beyond movies and games, so I’m imagining the safety being easy to flick on and off)

5 Likes

Maybe he was just at a basketball game and that was his way of celebrating a three-pointer? /s

4 Likes

13 Likes

Or a gun pre-moroned for your convenience.

10 Likes

Leave, toot sweet.

Are we reaching the tipping point yet? How much worse is it going to get?

6 Likes

I’m not trying to suggezt one justifies the other. I can see a difference, but some of that is bias in favor if the Panthers. I know they were going for self-defense, but in either case those public guns can scare people, though, likely a different skew in each case.

From the first time the Panthers showed with guns, they got a push back, rught away the cops show up and there’s a standoff, but the open carry people got away with it, at least for a few years.

I think what’s bothering me is that guns are involved. And yes, even tofay here in Canada black people get stopped for minir things, yet they may have cop guns aimed at them. That’s as scary as the guy at Walmart.

I guess I don’t see power coming from the barrel of a gun. We need other solutions, but with guns around, those other solutions don’t get pursued. Guns escalate guns.

1 Like

Well, here’s the thing, are there any states that would allow that gun to be transported in a motor vehicle without it having no round chambered, cartridge removed, barrel/trigger locked, placed in an appropriate gun case, and stored in the vehicle as far from the driver as possible (in a trunk or behind the back seat)? Either this wanker was transporting his squirt gun illegally (endangering his family), or his family had to wait several minutes for him to get his toy out and prepared before they could go into the store.

12 Likes

All I have to say is that retail establishments in my area better decide what they’re going to allow, because the moment some ammosexual comes into the Mad Mex with an automatic weapon, my family and I are leaving, paying the bill be damned.

As a family, we’ve already talked about what to do in this kind of situation. “Leave quickly and quietly, take your brother with you, hold hands and go to the car, wait for us.”

That’s a sad conversation to have with your 7 and 11 year-old before you go out for a pleasant evening of tortilla chips and guac.

18 Likes

I’m betting on the Purge/Kristallnacht/official pogroms if Donny Two Scoops is President in 2021.
Not joking. Not one little bit.

10 Likes

Hey! It cost over a thousand dollars and Won Two World Wars.

1 Like

It’s the next logical step. It’s not like the lead-up has been subtle. It’s not like there aren’t obviously enough people filled with hatred to carry him along and enable atrocities. Where is the loving God now?

4 Likes

Safety? Why do you think he would slow down his quick response with a safety?

That, or drop him before he gets the chance. From behind is safest. If you’re feeling merciful a heavy object to the skull works, but a knife is effective too – just remember, though, that you have to make sure he doesn’t get a counterstrike.

6 Likes