Man inserts eel into his bum — then needs rescuing when eel slithers into stomach and starts chewing away

This is not how you win tickets to see the new Alien: Romulus movie.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Hovercraft: The skill concerning the ability to optimally position one’s ass above a toilet seat prior to sitting.

4 Likes

Lemon and eels go together very well either in the Neapolitan deep fried style or Greek style

Don’t try random recipes.

4 Likes

I regret that John Hurt is no longer around to play this guy in the biopic.

9 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

8 Likes

18 Likes

I did hear about a gentleman who was admitted to the emergency room after inserting a dozen plastic horses in his rectum.

Thankfully, doctors quickly upgraded his condition to “stable”.

17 Likes

Sorry I took so long…

11 Likes

The thing is, he isn’t even the first Vietnamese bloke this year to end up in hospital with this problem. I wrote the previous one up in an article in Fortean TImes on infelicitous insertions earlier this year. “On 20 March a man arrived at the Hai Ha District Medical Centre in Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam, with extreme abdominal pain. X-rays and ultrasound scans showed that there was an unidentified foreign body in his abdominal cavity and that he was suffering from intestinal perforation. Given the pain the man was in, medics decided to operate immediately and on opening the patient up were startled to find that the foreign body was a 30cm (1ft) eel, and that it was still alive. They extracted the wriggling creature, then removed the damaged portion of his intestine, creating a stoma, and stabilized the patient, leaving him with only mild abdominal discomfort. The doctors believed that the eel had crawled up the patient’s intestine from his anus and had got into his abdominal cavity by biting through his intestine. The patient could not, however, provide a clear answer as to exactly how an eel might have got into his anus, and the hospital was far too professional to speculate. - source:nguoiduatin.vn, 21 Mar 2024”

10 Likes

11 Likes

@Mercenary_Garage has posted the full song above, but it’s from the subtle delights of The Mighty Boosh.

7 Likes

Sometimes it really does lead to learning and future safety (explosives storage and handling, for example, tought some tragic lessons).

Most of the rest… Possibly this one chink in the evolution thing. How did we get here if as a species we’re collectively this stupid? Many seem to miss all of the qualifying requirements for the Darwin awards…

1 Like

It didn’t enter his stomach, the title is wrong.

Emphasis mine.
:astonished:

Reading the original story here I wondered if the eel was alive when they got to it.

3 Likes

From the article:

“Surgeons had no choice but to open him up and inside they found the eel—65cm long and 10cm in circumference—still alive.”

30cm? That’s a training eel.

4 Likes

I came here for this and nothing else.

1 Like

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

4 Likes

I don’t know how, but both The Onion and XKCD have something for every situation. Uncanny.

7 Likes

O…M…G!!!

I thought I had heard everything, but apparently not.

2 Likes