Man jumped into lake to escape bees only to be eaten by piranhas

Live by the fish, die by the fish.

3 Likes

You can give a man a fish and feed that man for a day, or you can give a fish a man and feed that fish for a week.

10 Likes

I’d give you a major award for that if I could, but take my applause.

6 Likes

[citation needed]

7 Likes

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Give him religion and he’ll starve to death praying for fish. (Author unknown)

5 Likes

Wait… a Pescovitz is posting about somebody being eaten by fish? Something’s fishy… no?

6 Likes

but only one of those days

5 Likes

well, to be fair: in the us, the sugar rush of trump’s tax cuts was already wearing off by the time the pandemic hit. there hasn’t been a republican administration in recent times who hasn’t left the economy worse off, covid just worsened the problem

i know it’s the standard phrase, but it’s such a funny one.
they’re really brazilianed bees, or maybe we should call them kerr bees.

warwick kerr a brazilian native ( who’s family was from scotland ) brought them over in an attempt to increase honey production. their african origin was incidental. he just wanted more aggressive, energetic bees.

6 Likes

6 Likes

This.

When I was in Ecuador, we went swimming in a lake that we later fished for piranha in. People who lived there regularly swim in piranha filled waters.

The only way I would imagine that this would have happened is if the guy had acquired fresh open wounds of some sort before jumping into the water. Or if they were actively using meat/chum when he jumped into the water, and he got caught in the fray.

4 Likes

boy, I guess chaos DOES reign

Even though it’s obviously very fishy.

1 Like

Or perhaps he panicked and drowned and the fish munched on him after he was already dead.

5 Likes

Thank you.

And it’s not like it happened all that long ago either.

I knew Michael, baby Azaria’s father. My husband went to school with Aidan and Reagan, Azaria’s older brothers. And until recently, Zahra Chamberlain, Michael’s child to his second wife, lived less than a kilometer from me.

I know it must feel so removed in the US, but do be aware, Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton did live the US for awhile.

9 Likes

I think a lot of people don’t realize it was a real thing.

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s some sort of sordid referal-kickback arrangement between the bees and the piranhas in this case?

4 Likes

I’ve never read any news about people being totally devoured by piranhas. But I’ve read a lot of news about how piranhas can be aggressive, especially during droughts, when the levels of rivers and lakes drop so low that feeding becomes very difficult.

I was once warned many years ago to avoid bathing in a dam lake as there were reports of piranhas there and that the bite of these fish could be painful.

We often hear about people who have had big toes, nipples and even bitten ears. Shark attacks end up being more common and sometimes with more tragic results.

People here are more afraid of encountering a stingray when they are bathing on a river beach.

Stepping on one of these flat fish can lead to an accident with their stinger as it has a powerful toxin.

5 Likes

Certainly, when a shark goes for your nipples, it rarely ends well.

2 Likes

They usually attack surfers. As I can’t stand on a surf board, I am safe! Sharks are real tough guys. Piranhas only fight when they are in greater number.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.