Man manages to shoot himself & his daughter while changing her diaper at Chuck E Cheese in Alabama

8 Likes

Is the gun okay?

17 Likes

What the actual fuck?

10 Likes

Aside from the lower levels of mass shootings, this is another type of article that isn’t commonplace in countries with more rules and less fetishization of firearms as in the States.

Funny how when not everyone is carrying, and those that do tend to follow safety rules as a condition of that privilege (as opposed to if you can sign a form, you’re good to go), you get less of these kind of incidents.

13 Likes

Man carries gun into Chuck E Cheese.
Accidently shoots himself and daughter.
Alabama.

These seem to be checking off the right boxes.

1 Like

Concealed carry is legal [in Alabama] with a concealed carry permit/license. Alabama does not require the applicant to complete a firearms safety course or otherwise demonstrate knowledge of firearms safety prior to issuance of a pistol permit.

Are “No Weapons Allowed” signs enforced in Alabama? No. Not mentioned in state statutes.

Alabama’s arrangement seems almost designed to guarantee incidents like this. It’s probably not the only such state.

2 Likes

Maybe he feared for his life? Some diapers are pretty damn scary.

10 Likes

How sad. I don’t think it’s safe to assume the father is a hillbilly who deserves to be shot. He might be a devoted father who might have a good reason or a stupid reason to carry. Thank God the child is safe.

I don’t understand. How is it physically possible for this to happen? Ricochet?

Am I missing something? There doesn’t seem to be any mention of who did the shooting in the link provided.

especially after a few hours at a Chuck e Cheese…

2 Likes

The article specifically says the incident happened in the parking lot, so maybe this idiot did not actually take it inside of the establishment.

On a more serious note, I’d really like incidents like this to be framed more properly as negligence, because that’s what it is.

5 Likes

That’s possible, although Alabama does allow licensed citizens to carry concealed weapons.

People in concealed carry states like Alabama will carry around a firearm in a backpack, purse, jacket pocket, etc. In this case it was a diaper bag.

Plenty of ways for that to go wrong from misfire while in the bag, to the child getting a hold of the weapon and discharging it.

5 Likes

Too bad it didn’t end up like this… https://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2018-14.html

" Good Guy With a Gun Defends Our Species

(27 Nov 2018, Arizona) The Buckeye Police Department reports that a man accidentally shot his own sausage while shopping in the meat aisle at Walmart. Arizona law does not require a permit (nor a holster for that matter) to carry a firearm, so our hero felt free to carry his piece “commando-style” (unholstered) beneath his waistband. When the unholstered gun drifted down into his jeans, he reached in and pulled the trigger while repositioning his weapon. This loose cannon’s low hanging fruit didn’t have a chance. Firearm supporters can add this event to the arsenal of ammunition against gun control. Guns really do make a difference."

(TLDR) Darwin Award for

A. removing himself from the gene pool.

B. no longer able to reproduce.

1 Like

The man has died:

5 Likes

Is it too early to nominate for a (posthumous) Darwin Award? (Asking for a friend).

I’d wonder if that Chuck E Cheese lacked changing tables in the Men’s Room, but if so, perhaps it was just as well?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.