Man opposes "LGBT Mafia" at school board meeting

There certainly seems to be. As someone who spent a long time closeted, I’ve never found the “closet case” argument convincing. It’s anecdotal, but not once in all the time I spent closeted did I ever feel any animosity towards other queer people, I saved that for myself. If anything, I envied openly queer people, they had a courage I lacked. During that time I did meet some bigoted people and their reasons usually came down to just a bigoted asshole, or an edge lord.

21 Likes

LGBT Mafia? “If you’re not careful, we’ll do a drive by redecorating of this place. I mean really, that carpet with those curtains? Absolutely HIDEIOUS.”

1 Like

“Man holding bow and arrow…”
He was threatening people with a deadly weapon. The people were protecting themselves.
He should have been arrested for attempted assault and possibly criminal threatening. The first video is plenty of evidence to convict him. Was he ever charged?
“Protest turns violent”? The guy shouting racist statements and threatening people with a deadly weapon was the person who started the violence.

10 Likes

I think some bigots are closeted. But their hatred of LGBTQIA and their closeting are both byproducts of the same thing: their bigotry. Being in the closet doesn’t lead to bigotry. The bigotry leads to the closeting.
The trope also seems to give them a bit of a pass. Like, their behavior is less awful because they also hate themselves. Which isn’t deserved. Their hate is their choice.

20 Likes

It’s certainly possible for someone denying who they are to lash out… but that would not explain people who are not closeted being bigoted. Some people are just bigots, they buy the ideologies on race, gender, and sexual orientation that are pushed by far right groups, because it makes them feel connected to something.

Yeah, but again, plenty of people (the majority, in fact) are bigoted for other reasons. But almost every time one of these stories come up, someone trots out the same “closeted” line (or mental illness, etc) to “excuse” the bigotry. Honestly, I’m done with excuses.

22 Likes

Totally agree.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

10 Likes

Sorry for the DM link but it’s the only one I found in English. Anyway there are “femminielli camorristi” that sometimes got even arrested by Carabinieri.

Lack of Virtue Signalling.

1 Like

The daily mail is only one part of this right wing memetic feedback loop. The federalist is another. World net Daily also likes to rave about lesbian witches-- and those people are behind the “kill the gays bill”. The new american raves about the “lavender mafia”. Given that the John Birchers also drive the book bans, that’s probably the most active cesspool of hate.

6 Likes

what a dipshit

2 Likes

I’ve found the news story in Italian newspapers too, but they are of course written in Italian.
To be precise the “femminiello” is in Naples a gay crossdresser and some of them are sex workers. One of them was also a pimp and a drug dealer.
Un fortunately in Naples and nearby areas organized crime is rampant, so is statistilaly possible that a an LGBT person is also a mobster espechiall if they keep quiet about their sexual preferences.

People take this small nugget of fact and enlarge it to sustain their homophophic conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

Bigotry isn’t genetic.

Better if he had biological children who had nothing to do with him than to entrust him with the responsibility of raising children himself, biological or otherwise.

6 Likes

While bigotry isn’t genetic, an ahem awful lot of parents do indeed have a major influence on their children’s thinking. It’s my sincerest hope that fewer and fewer bigots’ offspring buy into their families’ BS.

This creep and its ilk should have nothing to do with children, full stop.

5 Likes

IIRC, yes. I beleive there was a follow-up video that included the arrest, including wannabe-Legolas wondering why he was the one being arrested.

Yup:

15 Likes

as do schools, teachers, and peers.

it’s definitely why school policy matters, and why these folks are trying to bully school boards into allowing bigotry. hate can shape the outlook of a whole generation of kids

10 Likes

Public meetings as a form of torture.

3 Likes

The LGBT Mafia! My gosh, what a brave little Kool aid jug standing up to that very real and powerful organisation. If he’s not careful, he might find himself fitted with some stylish concrete pumps…

2 Likes

The Daily Heil talking about transgender?

The Weekly World News would be a more trustworthy source.

15 Likes

Yes, I am also aware of all of that.

2 Likes