Man pepper sprayed for walking past police

What about the stumbling dude who couldn’t run away from the cops fast enough and gets thrown down to the ground for being incapacitated by pepper spray?

3 Likes

“We’re tired of cayenne. Send curry!”

1 Like

Hey America, sort your fucking police out!

2 Likes

He’s still talking on his phone… because she sprayed him in the BACK.

I remember there was a story a while back about a guy who didn’t meet the “you must be this tall to be in the police force” requirement so he had a friend bonk him on the top of the head with a wooden plank to raise a bruise and meet the requirement. Ouch.

1 Like

That sounds absurd. And it could only possibly work if he was a few millimeters too short. It’s not like we’re looney toons. A bonk on the head doesn’t make an actual goose-egg.

I was wondering if it was the same officer. Perhaps that was just my brain hoping there was only one that bad.

Sorry, brain.

1 Like

I agree, it does sounds absurd, but I have a clear memory of the guy’s scrunched-up face. I believe he was Asian. (Yes, I know about malleability of memory, but I do have one.)

When I was in elementary school we were running around the school gym in stocking feet. The resulting goose-egg bruise on the back of my head was raised about half an inch.

I know that the long-range acoustic device is supposed to force people out of an area.

I know that the backup beepers actually force me to the ground, unable to do anything but curl up, cover my ears, and scream in agony.

I understand that the long-range acoustic device is supposed to be even louder and even more painful, so there are bound to be a lot of people forced to the ground unable to escape.

But this is America and disabled people are acceptable collateral damage. Eric Garner’s case is egregious, but he had asthma and a heart condition, and the police apologists say that makes it his fault instead of the police officers’.

7 Likes

short: small::incorrect:wrong

Note the claim that she feels inferior to MALE police officers. The culture of American police as a whole is ignored in favor of “women are so tiny and weak, of course she lost control!”

Seriously? This is blatantly sexist. And I don’t really think you’re being sarcastic,winky face or not.

2 Likes

They were dropped because they were found to not be predictive of performance. It can be framed the way you say, but prior bigotry is a good reason to get rid of an ineffective system and replace it with a fairer one. There are physical requirements, but they are performance based now.

1 Like

a cop with a vehicle that has no place to put a shotgun and a box of donuts …?

You are absolutely right, it was totally outrageous. :anguished:

I promise not equate the penis with aggression ever again. It was unequivocally sexist and fell far short of the level of my usual posted discourse. Thank you for pointing out my latent misandry, I will endeavour not to allow it to show in future.

Biology Lesson. tl;dr the penis is an overgrown clitoris that got a dose of testosterone in utero. The female form is the default humanity — we just differ because hormones an’ shit.

So, apparently the Seattle police department has a history of hiring insecure inbred crazy bitches?

Yes, I also think @popobawa4u will agree with me that, if we’re to have police at all, they need to be highly active in the community they’re policing. To the point that they’re viewed as regular civilians out to assist people most of the time. The idea is “protect and serve” not “look for trouble wherever you go”.

This bitch (forgive the euphemism) isn’t a part of the community and is an occupying force looking to justify her job.

1 Like

My proposal here is to rotate the employees between duties, so policing is only a relatively small part of their jobs. Various other community-serving tasks will then put them in contact with the people in the community so both sides get used to each other in non-adversarial context.

5 Likes

Good idea. My idea is to put all officers who work the streets into an area within .5 mile radius of their personal residence. This obviously depends on whether or not they’re in a rural area, but in a city, a cop should only have to walk a beat of a few blocks, and personally know the mail carriers and the people in their beat, who they have to live with, rather than living in some suburb 10 miles away, and policing the whole city while not knowing anyone.

Donna Eva Promotomi, hopefully.

2 Likes