Man strips naked in "It's a Small World," frolics in ride

Originally published at: Man strips naked in "It's a Small World," frolics in ride | Boing Boing

1 Like

Reboing!

2 Likes

Probably a big fan of Mickey’s wayward cousin Molly Mouse.

It’s always possible that this was just a case of mental illness, though we should not automatically assume that it was, especially because he’s been charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance.

We don’t know if the guy is suffering from addiction, but people intentionally getting high on certain amusement park rides for kicks is definitely a thing. This was a public enough display of (what appears to be) bad judgment that I don’t think the guy should have any reasonable expectation of privacy here.

1 Like

The Original Spirit of bOING bOing Police need to pick up their wayward officer and take him back to imaginary police HQ for re-education.

3 Likes

Who among us hasn’t…

yeah, fair enough.

yeah, you make a good point. I think you’re probably right.

I’m gonna restate it. AT LEAST HE DIDN’T POOP!

Season 5 Starz GIF by Outlander

7 Likes

I assume this is getting reboinged because it’s just so “on brand” for that ride. I’m not sure if it’s because the ride feels like a (bad) drug trip, or it makes you feel like you’d need drugs to enjoy it. Or, somehow, both.

Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon

2 Likes

I thought the Original Spirit of bOING bOing was hanging in the Smithsonian?

3 Likes

Yes, and not just possible mental illness, but maybe also a form of cognitive disability, which is not quite the same as mental illness. Theme parks attract ALL spectrum of human beings, there will inevitable some people who behave or react differently than you would in the same circumstances. Sometimes it’s learned behavior, sometimes under the influence, but sometimes it’s a misunderstood condition. Sometimes it’s better if these events don’t make the news…but social media makes that more difficult.

1 Like

Well we do know that he was criminally charged with being under the influence, and anything beyond that is pure speculation. If your policy is that people behaving badly in public should not make it into the news unless we’ve somehow definitively ruled out any underlying mental or cognitive conditions (even when no claims or evidence has been presented that would suggest those conditions) then you’re basically saying that no news stories of people acting like jackasses should ever be reported on.

2 Likes

No, that’s not at all what I am saying. IN THIS CASE it seems clear cut under the influence but I am speaking more generally, about whiplash judgements by the public, creating news stories that aren’t really as newsworthy. And theme parks’ tendancy to attract all such elements into one big ball. Just observations. Use at your own discretion.

1 Like

People suddenly disrobing in odd venues is something that does happen from time to time, and therefore was just as likely to happen at Disneyland as anywhere else. After all, we do live in a small world.

1 Like

Oh god, he touched the water. So gross.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.