Man threatens to kill everyone on plane, forcing Alaska Airlines flight to return to Seattle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/man-threatens-to-kill-everyone.html

8 Likes

He’s probably lucky he didn’t threaten kill them in the name of Allah.

18 Likes

Time to drone-assassinate some Christian preachers.

40 Likes

Just a shade more unhinged than the guy I saw on the Blue Line trolley in San Diego in April, who went on a rant about the 5G/Covid connection, and how the angels were not going to save us on purpose.

19 Likes

And i thought i was having a bad day

13 Likes

So Jesus hates airplanes? :thinking:

(…googles…)

Hey, look at that!

And honestly, that deserves more than 5 views (including my own). :grin:

31 Likes

Accept the love of a benevolent deity, or accept an eternity of infinite torment.

Oh, hey, I choose neither. Thanks.

24 Likes

I mean, honestly at this point, if angels did exist, I wouldn’t blame them for skipping out.

“Y’all done this to yourselves, mortals…Wake me for Armageddon”

14 Likes

Well - at least he kept his mask on?

13 Likes

Those two guys did an excellent job of taking care of business.

9 Likes

Yeah. Good job.

Psychiatric problems can be difficult to deal with. Hopefully this dude gets help.

8 Likes
6 Likes

That’s evangelical Christianity in a nutshell. Literally!

11 Likes

WELCOME TO MY DEATH CULT!

7 Likes

I wonder if they were air marshals, though I don’t think they really had the bearing (the guy in front of the camera doesn’t look like he knows what to do next). Isn’t this precisely the kind of post-911 thing they were brought in to stop? Or is this just like the SROs that run and hide when they hear shots fired?

2 Likes

Nobody was injured and were booked on later flights.

Nobody was booked on later flights?

5 Likes

39 Likes

Probably should go on the “no fly list” until he gets help. I can only imagine what was running through peoples minds as this individual started this.

2 Likes

If America can’t reverse its runaway Floridafication problem, airlines will at some point have to install brigs in the cargo holds of their planes, just to be able to run their business.

6 Likes

I thought this story was gonna be about Ted…

13 Likes