Man wants to pick up his family from the zoo and will drive over anyone who tries to stop him

I mean, not exactly this response. This was a little batshit, what with the tasering and the awful handcuffing. But I feel you. Would that they really did “protect and serve” us regular folks.
ACAB.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I heard the monkey threw shit first.

7 Likes

White privilege at its finest.

1 Like

Well yeah. If this was a BIPOC, the cop cam would have gone off a few moments before the gun did.

3 Likes

It suggests to me that the driver had already blown through a stop before the filmed second (and then third) times… he was really tempting fate (and the cops to shoot him).

The NYTimes did an article (or maybe series) about how often cops do this - apparently they frequently step in front of the car after it starts moving so they’ll have the justification to shoot, or claim self-defense just because the car moved a little. It’s appalling.

9 Likes

7 Likes

If there is no grounds for deadly force then all of the toys should stay in their holsters.

Tasers were not introduced to society as a compliance tool, and society never agreed to have them used against us for that purpose.

8 Likes

… but, but, it would be inhumane to use a Taser against an animal :thinking:

4 Likes

@frauenfelder

The tenor of your article had me on the floor!

Tasers were most certainly introduced as a compliance tool–a replacement for the nightstick, not the gun.

It’s right there–driving at the cop.

oh … so that’s why they’re called “less lethal” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Well, if you tell someone to get on the ground, I guess Tasers can force compliance. But if you tell them to get back up again, maybe not so much:

8 Likes

Nightsticks could kill, also. So can bare hands. The taser has less bad outcomes than other ways of doing it.

Not compared to de-escalation.

Do we need to link the UK police video of the knife-wielding assailant captured with rubbish bins?

10 Likes

They might be better off.

1 Like

It’s a lot of work to beat somebody to death with a stick. It’s not the usual and expected outcome.

1 Like

You never know. Perhaps they mistakenly grabbed the taser.

1 Like

Nightsticks killed more than the Taser.