Man who aimed bow and arrow at Salt Lake City protesters charged with three felonies

Grumpycatgood.jpg

I hope not. They just stopped this violent felon, who had spent 20 years in prison, from firing a deadly weapon into the crowd.

7 Likes

How much do you want to bet that he supports the pro-Russian candidate and doesn’t see the irony in his statement?

4 Likes

Also, I wonder if there’s a good correlation between having “ville” in your town name and being racist. I’m thinking Victorville, CA… which I’ve been hearing about for many years.

I don’t think racists are capable of sensing irony; that would require the ability to see the “other side” of things.

1 Like

He can pull a Mel Brooks and stage a “Prisoners of Love” musical.

2 Likes

I also like to go to breast cancer runs with protest signs that say “all cancer is bad” and shout obscenities at the runners. /s

11 Likes

Now, now, let’s not rush to judgement here. There are some very fine people on both ends of the arrow and spear. Not too smart, but fine, very fine.

1 Like

I’d bet you a dollar.

Toxic viewpoints are never due to an information gap, so explaining those things isn’t going to work. People feel a certain way (eg. black people bad or gay people eww) and everything else they say and do is rationalizing that belief to themselves. If it were an information gap, problems like police brutality would have been solved generations ago, because black people have been telling us about this all along.

The brain abhors cognitive dissonance and as such is astonishingly good at ignoring or explaining any data that doesn’t fit the worldview the person wishes to have. It’s why Trump is quite correct that he could shoot someone on 5th ave and not lose support. His base can rationalize anything he says or does because ideology is driving them, not information.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.