Man who aimed bow and arrow at Salt Lake City protesters charged with three felonies

If anything it was overly generous, because the point of Hillary’s statement was that NOT everyone who supported Trump was doing so for “deplorable” reasons like sexism and racism. Trump fans instead latched on to the part where she said some of his supporters did belong in a category she thought of as a “basket of deplorables” and said “yep, that’s me alright!”

10 Likes

Can’t spell despite spellcheck, threatens to kill a previous president and Hillary, waves a large hunting knife in the air in live traffic in violent and threatening manner, screams “ALL LIVES MATTER!” while wielding a loaded and cocked compound hunting bow in live traffic, all while being an ex prison inmate sent to jail for 20 years for violent assault.

I don’t even know where to start with how evolution created a man this fucking violent and stupid.

Can we make this the deplorable poster boy please? These are the people who support Trump. Plain as day- horrible people.

I’d love to see Tucker Carlson’s defense of this moron.

Edit- And then there’s this guy in Dallas who wielded a Roman gladius to “protect his favorite bar”(???) and got his ass kicked by 15 people

5 Likes

You just described the exact contingency of cops who need to be put behind bars.

2 Likes

One wonders how TF people can’t realize that at this point, almost everyone has a portable video and audio recording device on them at all times.

In a crowd situation, it’s very likely that anything can be recorded from multiple angles.

So, you tell a reporter that you were jumped unjustly, and 15 different videos pop up showing that you’re a psychopathic asshole that oh so deserved a much more severe beating.

Duh!

I’m constantly amazed at how absolutely stupid people can be. (but I guess our dear leader normalizes and idealizes that as well…)

5 Likes

The optimist in me thinks guys like this should be taken aside and (in a friendly way) have it explained that “black lives matter” doesn’t mean blue lives don’t matter, and if he believes “all lives matter” then he agrees that black lives matter too. More people in the USA die at the hands of police every year than from mass shootings, and people of color are much more likely to be killed than white men like himself.

The pessimist in me thinks he and guys like him are a lost cause.

And both parts of me think he’s a dumb ass who more-or-less got what he deserved for very obviously threatening the crowd with weapons.

Every news organization wants me to believe this was some terrible gaff on Clinton’s part, without explaining how exactly that lost her a single vote.

2 Likes

I think Robin Hood’s edges have been really filed off for popular consumption.

I can’t say that I’m totally surprised that the story of a guy who lost his home to civil asset forfeiture undertaken by corrupt and militarized law enforcement in a kingdom bogged down and sapped by a pointless forever war in the middle east; who proceeded to go full Cop Killer: Sherwood Forest didn’t make it through the Disney fairytale grinder unscathed; but still.

9 Likes

Dude looks like he could use another beatdown or three. I’d like to volunteer to provide one.

The racists who are offended by the phrase black lives matter are implicitly demonstrating that they’re offended by POC having a right to live, that they believe their own right to life is incompatible with black people’s right to life. It’s pure white supremacy.

Those who reply to black lives matter with all lives matter demonstrate willful ignorance of systemic racism; they plainly refuse to see the patent reality all around them.

There’s significant overlap between the two group.

All lives matter is a disingenuous red herring designed to shut down protest of systemic racism. It isn’t an attempt at interacial solidarity.

8 Likes

The really mind-blowing part of that is that this guy used to be a MLP:FiM fan, and wrote some pretty good fanfics, including one that I genuinely liked. (It’s a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door; a more than slightly Tolkien-flavored story mostly set outside the borders of Equestria.)

How do you get from being a fan of a series whose core message is that diversity makes us stronger and better, and where racism is explicitly shown as a terrible idea, to the point of attacking protesters with a gladius after tweeting insane ramblings about how his sword wants to taste blood of God’s enemies, I really do not understand.

3 Likes

Perhaps its mother was heavily drinking while pregnant.

A self-proclaimed ‘inclusionist’ friend of mom’s told us that nazis should be around. [HUH?!] She thinks all viewpoints should be considered valid or something similiarly warped. I tried explaining that nazis don’t ‘disagree’ with elements of what we consider to be civilization, they want all members of specific groups dead, but she wasn’t hearing it. Dunno if she’s become a denier, or what. I mean, not much of a look at history proves it.

I don’t understand how anyone can support or be apologists for bigots; I was raised to believe that people are people.

8 Likes

The brony community in particular has a very nasty underbelly of 4chan shitlords and their attendant alt-right and straight-up Nazi radicalizers. It sort of started there, and to some extent it’s never fully gotten away from that origin story. It also has its fair share of extremely privileged young cishet white men of a decidedly libertarian philosophical bent that refuse to acknowledge the harm that is inherent with giving racists an opportunity to burrow themselves into a community.

Even if he didn’t start out there, though, it seems to be terrifyingly easy these days to find yourself falling down a rabbit hole of right-wing propaganda and cult indoctrination before you’re even aware that it’s happening, especially if you’re in an already-looked-down-upon group seeking friendships, and/or your social out-group has rallied around a “stick together against the outside” mentality (see also: furries, gamers, nerds, all of which have been dealing with this same antithetical subset). It’s just as weird and frustrating and upsetting as the contingent of Star Trek fans whining about how contemporary series like Discovery are “injecting politics” into the franchise that cut its teeth with painfully on-the-nose episodes that dealt with racism and literal actual planet-of-hats Nazis. One wonders how they could conceivably have missed the entire underlying point of the entire series so completely, and yet.

6 Likes

Not just in hindsight. It was clear when she said it, too.

Just like Gordon Brown’s"bigoted woman" comment or (German politician) Sigmar Gabriel’s gesture aimed at far right protestors. They were still taken apart by the partisan point scorers and the breathless both-siders.

last time i was there the meth scene was more of a community than a problem.

1 Like

If the sword in the tweet is actually the one he used it’s definitely not a machete but it’s also not a Roman gladius. A gladius is a short stabbing sword, the sword in the picture is a longsword designed for cut and thrust. Specifically it is a replica of Andúril, the sword of Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies.

1 Like

It must have been rough being a Freeman on the Land, when he didn’t even have the Magna Carta to misinterpret yet.

1 Like

From Barstow. The comedy practically writes itself.

2 Likes

He got his ass kicked by a bunch of skate punks. Teenage skate punks at that. I wonder if they’ll be charged with anything?

4 Likes

Aye, yer right. Don’t know why gladius was in my head, how my friend sent it to me in text. Its definitely a small sword, LOTR replica