Man who aimed bow and arrow at Salt Lake City protesters charged with three felonies

or your anaesters [ancestors]

I’m pretty sure he meant “anteaters”.

6 Likes

Eh, we’re more into opiates now.

4 Likes

I mean, he’s already spent about a third of his life behind bars… so maybe it’s NON-prison life he had difficulty acclimating to.

18 Likes

With all the white supremacist groups in prison? I’m sure he’ll be fine.

8 Likes

The kicker is he was interviewed after he was stopped, he lied and told the reporter that what happened was two black protesters ripped him out of his car for saying “All Lives Matter” and punched him in the face.

10 Likes

This is exactly the result obtained when the lesson of the Robin Hood story is utterly lost to the bedazzlement of weapons and gold coins.

6 Likes

Hell, not even in hindsight. She was specifically talking about the fascist/white supremacist groups that had come out in support of Trump. Trump supporters took it out of context to identify themselves as “deplorables” (although one suspects it wasn’t entirely so much out of context as admitting their own racist leanings). Though yeah, it turns out it was true in both its original, contextual meaning and the later, self-adopted, broader one…

17 Likes

It’s incredible to compare his actual acts to how he described his acts to the reporter. I think he actually believes the story he tells to the reporter. I think if you showed him the video he would still stick to his original story. These are the pod people we need to defeat to defeat Trump.

And, jesus christ, his tweets? How does he not have an appointment with the Secret Service over his Obama death threats?

12 Likes
7 Likes

Few things could be less convincing than shouting “All Lives Matter” while threatening people with a drawn bow.

17 Likes

I wonder how many deplorables go to bed every night, and on self-reflection think “yeah…I’m a deplorable…and proud of it!”. It has to be many. Like a badge of honor.

Makes me sad. :cry:

4 Likes

He’s been cosplaying as White Power Bill from Arrested Development for years.

6 Likes

you know, Oboma. (shrug)

2 Likes

Thonks, Oboma?

17 Likes

“ Now the 57-year-old Taylorsville man, who has spent nearly two decades of his life behind bars in California and once was convicted of battery against a public safety officer,”

I was wondering why he didn’t bring a firearm- as seems to be the norm for these baskets of deplorables.

9 Likes

Bad people never think they’re bad. These people go to bed knowing they are not deplorable and smugly laughing at the fancified un-Americans who use the word “deplorable” to describe salt-of-the-earth, red-blooded Americans.

7 Likes

He’ll have a lot of time to work on his comedy routine.

4 Likes

The same week the pandemic really started gaining traction in the US I took one of my last insurance photo gigs that required contact with people. I pulled into the driveway and immediately noticed both vehicles there had homemade “Deplorable on board” stickers in their back windows. I’m so glad I had already started wearing a mask and gloves when interacting with people by that point.

5 Likes

At first I thought it was because he knew he would get more than just a beatdown. But with two decades in the pokey, more likely he would be a felon in possession. So he was thinking ahead in that respect. (My wife says I see the good in people too often.)

9 Likes

one wonders whether he’s aware of external reality at all, or if he lives full-time in a racist fantasy world where he can be a career criminal and also a superhero “protecting the police” at the same time

8 Likes