Management by Musk: there will be no toilet paper until the stack has velocity

I am not sure why that would be. Based on what he has been doing since arriving at Twitter it’s clear that Elon does not have a “How to Run a Twitter” binder in his office that he can consult to ensure that he is doing it right.

11 Likes

LOL! I wasn’t thinking of the binders - thanks for the chuckle!

Didn’t YT’s mom get a memo about toilet paper? :wink:

10 Likes

If he’s legally forced to provide it I’m sure he’ll follow Dwight’s example from that episode of The Office and only provide half-ply.

13 Likes

Oh god yes! Thank you so much for the reminder!!!

9 Likes

Yes and IIRC that memo to [government] employees strongly cautioned against using paper money for TP, reminding readers emphatically that doing so was against the law no matter how tempting.

6 Likes

It’s funny because Elon is wiping his ass with billion dollar bills

17 Likes

One specific example of the twitter toilet paper (t)issue occurred at the Seattle office of Twitter which has finally shut down just prior to being evicted (nearly in the shadow of Amazon HQ for framing). From the Seattle Times (this morning):

After laying off 208 workers in Washington, Twitter is now facing eviction and will close its downtown Seattle office, according to reports Thursday by The New York Times and tech news publication Platformer. … According to The New York Times, janitorial and security services at Twitter’s Seattle office have now been cut, and in some cases the remaining employees have resorted to bringing their own toilet paper.

10 Likes

“Billionaire tycoon who’s actually just a narcissist and kind of an idiot” is a character showing up a lot these days, so I don’t know that the writers had Musk in mind for it. The show was likely written and shot before Musk’s takeover of Twitter anyway, so it’s probably coincidence. The fact that we’re now all ruled by multiple versions of that miserable human being makes it an obvious character to include in stories. It could just as easily be Zuck or Bezos.

The genius of Glass Onion is the whole cast, really. Every character is a perfect archetype of the disgusting people that we wish we could rid from our world.

15 Likes

Who needs toilet paper?

Free your ass, and your mind will follow!

https://myarsemychoice.neocities.org/?fbclid=IwAR18giGZDv17XKlTQZWmKxejVtN0IbXep8F9SUqa73yY5FagdbShPr1ED3o

(Disclaimer: this information is provided for humor purposes only.)

4 Likes

I too was reminded of a bit in Snow Crash about a memo regarding how much time employees were allowed to use to administer the “toilet paper cooperatives,” that they have instituted once management decided to stop supplying toilet paper. It so perfectly encapsulated the bureaucracy. eg. the Dept of Defense has a specific time code to be used on time sheets if you die while at work. They will pay you for the rest of the day, but they can’t use the regular code since you’re not working. Indeed you’ve probably been taken off-site in an ambulence.

10 Likes

A quicky of the NYT article.

Cutting security services. That should hep with so many problems.

Twitter should change its name to PreFoBa. (Prepare for bankruptcy.)

11 Likes

I’m sure he was one of the primary inspirations for the character even if he wasn’t the sole inspiration; everyone who was really paying attention was able to see Musk for what he was before the Twitter meltdown.

For example, the part where Norton’s character brings along a ridiculously expensive sports car to an island with no roads just so he can show it off to his rich asshole friends only for the car to get totaled in the end was pretty reminiscent of that time Musk almost killed himself and Peter Thiel driving his uninsured McLaren F1 into a ditch.

15 Likes

TechBro libertarians. The older types like the Kochs. or the ULine guy seem to be able to manage.

10 Likes

Yes, that part you blurred was very very Musk. I agree they were probably at least drawing from him for “ludicrous billionaire behaviour” whether or not the character was specifically supposed to be him. Certainly Musk is the best fit for Norton’s character now with everything we know.

7 Likes

I love that the parallels were so strong that even toxic Musk fanboys like Ben Shapiro assumed that the movie was intended as an explicit riff on Musk’s idiocy.

12 Likes

It is a nice little bit of projection that they wrote a character who’s a colossal monster who got rich from stealing other peoples’ work, and Musk’s fans all said, “hey! They’re talking about our guy!”.

Methinks they doth protest too much.

27 Likes

Hit dogs holler.

7 Likes

837755a86e841b0452e12f0786128e02--computer-class-computer-programming

23 Likes

11 if you’re carrying an iphone

3 Likes

In Silicon Valley I believe that means staff should feel free to loot the facilities of any fancy electronics they happen to see lying around

8 Likes