Manbabies react to announcement that a black woman is the new 007

Thank you for alerting me to the existence of this gif.

6 Likes

Have you watched The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (the 2015 movie in particular)? That’s a lot of fun.

6 Likes

So you’re complaining that the Craig version only has one facial expression, while at the same time saying the great thing about the original Bond was that he was a 2-dimensional cartoon?

26 Likes

I have, and that was a fun revival. I might have some episodes of the TV series in a collection somewhere, but I haven’t watched it in decades.

I also have the Secret Agent Man series on DVD, but that’s mainly because I enjoyed The Prisoner so much. I still haven’t watched many of them. Too little time, too much to see and do.

1 Like

Bet they wish they hadn’t bitched so much about Idris Elba now. Ha!

11 Likes

Robert Shaw as Red Grant in From Russia with Love Daniel Craig as James Bond

8 Likes

If they had cast Pam Grier as the new James Bond I’d be working on a time machine right now to see it sooner.

9 Likes

This was linked to from the Twitter feed of the original post, and I’m only down to “So, what’s going on?”, but so far it’s an excellent read:

4 Likes

I’m not exactly a big James Bond fan, but… the franchise kinda did the opposite of dying.

33%20PM

22 Likes

Plot twist : That’s his Dad.

6 Likes

Oh well. I would have liked to see Idris Elba because I cannot imagine anyone who would make a cooler Bond, but it could be ok I guess. I hope they write her as ruthless and tough as the Craig bond, no goofy Roger Moore shit.

3 Likes

I would also like to have seen Idris in the role, if for no other reason than sheer fanboyism. He is amazing in everything. Luther is one of my favorite shows.

26 Likes

Someone posited at one time that ‘James Bond’ was actually a code name, rather than the operative’s real name, like 00_ designating a license to kill. The first agent with that name was so effective that they retained the name, rather like a succession of ships being named ‘Enterprise’.

13 Likes

This has been my assumption. Are we to believe that all these Bond’s are the same Bond when they have varying levels of height, suave, body hair, age and the era in which they are operating?

8 Likes

He was just a jerk. Yes. So what was it that was so great about people wanting to be like him again?

8 Likes

*whispers “maybe they’re just movies?” :grin:

9 Likes

He’s a Time Lord. Duh.

ETA: now I have Roger Moore in my head making a double entendre out of “it’s bigger on the inside”.

17 Likes

Well, kinda…

17 Likes

He’s in a beefcake sammich with The Rock and Jason Statham in Hobbs and Shaw coming out in August.

Super spy, time lord, vampire hunter/occult explorer. Is there anything he isn’t?

3 Likes