Manly handshake

In the old days a team would wear white shorts if there was going to be a clash. These days, all of the teams (except Collingwood, because they are arseholes ;)) have an alternate guernsey. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m actually pretty certain that the uniforms are designed for the
 ‘amusement’ of the 50% of the population with two X chromosomes. Seriously why do you think that there are so many more women into televised sport in Australia cf other countries?

Wait. What about International Rules Football? Honestly the most confusing sport I have ever seen being played.

Okay
 I thought that baseball and basketball were sports, but if you say not

1 Like

Known in the UK as Aussie No-Rules Football. I hasten to add, not jokingly either and with enormous respect.

3 Likes

What about Composite Rules Shinty-Hurling?

1 Like

“Alternative guernsey”; see a side to the channel islands you’ve never seen before!

4 Likes

In Chess-Boxing the composite disciplines are more disparate, but the rules of both are quite widely known; except for the off-side rule in Chess, no one ever gets that one right.

Aussie rules is a rare example of a game that wasn’t invented by us brits in order to be crap at it. Being terrible at football, rugby, cricket etc. is just a way to keep up the moral of the colonies doncherknow :wink:

2 Likes

BoingBoing articles appear to me to be often made by someone who was not really into journalism.

That’s okay, many journalistic articles appear to be written by people who are not really into facts. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.