Man's disability fraud spoiled by wife's social media posts showing him lifting weights and transforming into a body builder

Originally published at: Man's disability fraud spoiled by wife's social media posts showing him lifting weights and transforming into a body builder | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Christ, what a dumbbell.

28 Likes

They “spotted” him on Insta, boy that’s kind’a funny.

15 Likes

This dude I know, supposedly got hurt while working for a friend of mine. They were fighting over his worker’s comp claim because the accident looked pretty suspect. And of course, this dude (being an avid runner and a bit of an idiot) kept posting his 90+mile weeks to his public Strava feed, while claiming to be too injured to work.

23 Likes

it’s guys like this who ruin it for fraudsters who are able maintain the scam.

17 Likes

Exactly. Being a lazy fuck living off others takes commitment and dedication.

15 Likes

The perils of being “Instagram famous”.

5 Likes

As a literal paid shill for a major property casualty insurance company, I applaud catching disability fraud!
Yes, they check social media profiles when claims are suspect.

12 Likes

I was disappointed to not find any of the Instagram pics in the story, but luckily he didn’t think twice about being on local news a few years back running the company he was too disabled to run.

6 Likes

Bro, do you even grift?

8 Likes

Cats! They’re always getting between your legs!

14 Likes

It seems obvious to me that while Mr. Ragusa owns the limo company he only drives standup driver position limousines. The kind of look like the old Deora from Hot Wheels. Plus Mr. Ragusa was only sitting down for about 30 seconds in that news interview. Heavy/s

2 Likes

It’ nice that he is better now.

4 Likes

A very abled genius.

3 Likes

A friend of mine was an insurance investigator and one of his investigations involved a man who had collected thousands of dollars in disability for years for some kind of back injury, but had videos all over his Facebook account of him wakeboarding, limbo-ing on a cruise ship, and riding mechanical bulls on spring break.

I helped collect/save these videos as evidence against this guy. He got nailed pretty hard.

5 Likes

Social media is gonna put Johnny Dollar out of business.

3 Likes

Alt. headline:
Universal Basic Income Allows Man to Be Best Self

6 Likes

Nobody has dedication to the craft of personal injury fraud anymore.

3 Likes

The thing about fraud is that it is never committed as a single incident. It’s ongoing/continuous, which is what attracts attention.

It’s hard to prove sometimes because of admissibility issues with evidence. Aside from “admissions” by people in their social media, a lot of video and accounts come second hand. Possible hearsay.

Plus you have some bad actors who claim everything is fraud like the insurance company that rhymes with “Slate Marm”

3 Likes

If this clip doesn’t go “badump pshhhhh” with sound, I will be sorely disappointed.

2 Likes