🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 If it wasn't for Canada 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁

Winnipeg!

1 Like

Just Between You and Me, if it wasn’t for Canada I would have been easy fodder for the Gypsy Queen with no one to warn me that she was coming.

(β€œLook! A Hippy!” Easy to forget that by the early 80s, their numbers had dwindled to near extinction before eventually rebounding when the ecosystem returned to a more favorable climate)

(Turns out that song was written by yet another Canadian, who kinda looks like a hobbit. Just like the gypsy woman foretold…)

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Canada, lost cities would stay lost.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that what the kid has is a claim, nothing more. So far there’s a total lack of evidence to back it up.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Canada, nobody would make dessert out of fiddleheads.

3 Likes

If it weren’t for Canadians being supernice at all times, my daughter would not have developed a theory that the reason Canadians were so very nice, was because they take all their hate and anger, stuff them into Canadian Geese and send those fuckers south. (@Missy_Pants, please confirm or deny).

11 Likes

Well MrsTobinL says YES!

3 Likes

I grew up in South Dakota, about a mile from a lake that was a major stoppoing point on the southern migration. It was quite a treat to see the skies filled for weeks; we’d hear onking from overhear and come out to see the V’s going by. We’d go over to the lake and watch them on the water. Suddenly, one side would take flight, and a wave-front would propagate throughout the enormous flock, the last birds taking flight as the first had already begun to settle.

6 Likes

First rule of Canada Club: don’t talk about the geese!

6 Likes

Canada Club, like the geese, or Canadian Club?

6 Likes
7 Likes

It would be funny if it weren’t so true…

1. Sex Farm Woman: All of These Albertan Crops Are Metaphors For My Empty, Yearning Vagina
14 Likes

Wait is there another layer of satire in the Spinal Tap song I missed out on?

10 Likes

You beat me to it!!!

6 Likes

Just so you all know we don’t say β€œaboot” we say β€œaboat”. Now you know why!
Also, how the fuck do y’all say β€œpasta”? pAH-stAH. Thats how you say pasta!

3 Likes

Mine’s PASS-tuh.

2 Likes

Its nearly impossible for me to pronounce PASS-tuh… it comes out PAWSS-tuh.

WEIRD!

2 Likes

Canadian here. Also PASS-tuh.

It never occurred to me that there was another pronunciation.

3 Likes

Are you from the west? Cuz shits different on the prairies…
Edit: yes, yes you are, but barely… I got made fun of a LOT for my β€œOntario” accent when I lived in Calgary.

5 Likes

Winnipeg.

Where the industrial despair of the east meets the agricultural despair of the west!

5 Likes