🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 If it wasn't for Canada 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁

If it weren’t for Canada I’d have fewer gritty reboots to ignore completely the way I ignored Anne of Green Gables throughout my life.

7 Likes

As a red head growing up in Canada … she was fucking impossible for me to ignore… /sigh

9 Likes

Condolences. At least you weren’t on PEI, right?

4 Likes

I concur.

1 Like

“pass-duh pasta” should have different vowel sounds at the beginning, but the same vowel sounds at the end.

2 Likes

So all the elderly relatives I have on FB just went nuts over this:

the word “Police” on a crusier… in arabic! /gasp /shock /faint

look at the writing on the back of police car
SO IT STARTS – THE LITTLE TOE IS IN THE DOOR ALREADY.
WELL NOW - How do you like this ? THIS IS OUR ONTARIO ! !
Why is this acceptable? and who in hell authorized it ???
Not even French

http://www.ourlondon.ca/news-story/6704078-london-police-battle-growing-war-on-words/

From the article:

To date, there’s been no record of anyone complaining about the cars’ Vietnamese, Chinese, Persian or Polish characters.

Oh Canada indeed… /sigh

9 Likes

If it wasn’t for Canada, we’d have less self-censorship in technical talks!

I originally presented this talk on ebook markup to an audience of ebook developers and publishers. As someone who cares deeply about accessibility and discovery, it’s a subject that tends to get me agitated, but I tried to be extra-polite because my audience was Canadian. [emphasis added]

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter how tough they try to make themselves look. Mounties will always look goofy with those hats. Dudley Do-Right is pretty much the apotheosis of Mountiedom.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Canada, we wouldn’t have stupid data sets.

2 Likes

When historians look back at this time they are going to see an 11 year gap in all sorts of useful data. Census to scientific studies. Harper muzzled them all. And Alberta was his seat of power (which is weird for a Toronto born boy, like pretending to be from Texas when raised in Connecticut)

Hello from London Town! This canuck is going down the pub!

7 Likes

Okay I’ll give you that we wouldn’t have those stupid data sets, but saying that the world wouldn’t have any is just giving us far too much credit.

2 Likes

Canada, the global “Plan B”

11 Likes

Hey, we’re sane. We like immigration. (Well, most of us)

4 Likes

If it wasn’t for Canada, I’d have zero faith in the goodness of North Americans.

5 Likes

If it wasn’t for Canada, the word ‘Smarties’ would be associated only with despair and regret.

9 Likes

Hey! 'Murica! Stahp it! We need to share this lake! Don’t make us repeat 1812!!

2 Likes

The 1712 is far superior to the 1812.

3 Likes

but I love that the 1812 score has a dedicated “Cannon” segment

5 Likes

It is one of the few scores that uses artillery… on purpose.

5 Likes

Meanwhile on the other side of Lake Ontario…

5 Likes