🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 If it wasn't for Canada 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁

Don’t we already host enough hate-filled shitegobs? You can keep yours. I recommend building a wall around Alberta.

5 Likes

Also Maine and Vermont, which could always use lumberjacks.

4 Likes

I didn’t think it would take long for someone among the Cons to try out Trumpism as a strategy, even though it may have cost Harper the last election (and Leitch was involved in that bit of foot-shooting too) Commentators were surprised that there were twelve hopefuls at the Conservative leadership debate yesterday, but it just shows how easy it is to find twelve mediocrities in that party.

Hopefully, Leitch just sunk her chances.

Blaming Alberta is the default, but we can’t this time. Leitch is MP for Simcoe-Grey in Ontario. I notice her Wikipedia page has already been updated to mention yesterday’s speech.

5 Likes

It’d still take care of a lot of your regressive troubles, though. Wall it off, rename it Galt’s Gulch, and it’ll become a magnet for all the terrible people in both our countries. We’ll set up tons of video cameras in all populated areas as a condition of creating this space, so the rest of us can watch them autodestruct from the safety and comfort of our living rooms.

4 Likes

Hey, only Canadians, and especially Ontarians, are allowed to dump on Alberta. :wink: Anyway, you have 50 states and we only have 10 provinces. Surely you can spare one. Why should we have to throw away a beautiful place like Alberta? They even elected an NDP government last time around. (For those not familiar with it, the NDP is what the farthest-left Democrats would call “extreme left”). Calgary has probably Canada’s most progressive mayor in Naheed Nenshi.

8 Likes

Perhaps we could lure them into Idaho – I think that our Randians have identified it as being one of their targets for takeover. Lovely State, but in the interest of sanity, a small price to pay.

3 Likes

RIP Leonard Cohen.
Sorry America we’re gonna ignore you for a bit and be sad for ourselves for a bit.

13 Likes
7 Likes

I just came here to thank you guys for sharing this wonderful human being with the rest of the world…

If it wasn’t for Canada, we wouldn’t have Leonard Cohen…

14 Likes

Point of order - this is a thread of complaints, not compliments.

3 Likes

What about condiments?

7 Likes

Mustard only!

8 Likes

So, no contaminants?

8 Likes

That would be Canada, the blotch of the Escutcheon of the American Continent (please note I consider the area south of the Wall-to-be* to be part of South America, per the pending Constitutional Amendment).

* “It’s Great!”

4 Likes

Expressions of disappointment regarding Canada or the direction of this thread may be submitted by filling out Form B1867c in triplicate and hand-delivering it to the National Igloo in Pangnirtung on the third Tuesday of any January.

[quote=“OtherMichael, post:410, topic:73948”]
Point of order[/quote]
That’s cute.

6 Likes
7 Likes

The only thing that separates me from ON is a river and a paltry 40 miles. Also, grew up in Manitoba’s southern anex - Minnesota. Heck, after I finish downing this Molson next to me, you won’t know the difference by talking to me. :yum:

One oddity of livng in SE Mchigan is that we expect and demand CBC on our cable systems. Every Saturday in hockey season, I can’t wait to see what Grapes pulled from his closet this week. :wink:

9 Likes

The provinces described for Americans.

12 Likes

Okay, that’s a little bit funny, but why the Quebec bashing? (I assume it’s bashing. I can’t really make sense of the description.)

I haven’t been treated badly there, despite my pathetic French. Like anywhere else, not being a dick will take you a long way.

3 Likes

I didn’t make 'em, just sharing. :wink:

We vacationed all over QC this past summer, never had a bad time. MrPants speaks passable French tho and I can read it, so we were ok? I dunno. Toronto also has a rep as being a cold and unfriendly city and I don’t understand that either…

6 Likes