Marijuana company buys entire town in California to make it weed friendly

Huh. Cool.

http://www.eclampusvitus.com/

1 Like

Only part of this story that seems to be true is the companies desire to make extracts. The stoney tourist destination just sounds alot better than "we wanna make mad wax bro’. As an ex grower who came up before legalization I don’t trust any big business stepping into the ganja game.

Yep. I love the Clampers. One of my favorite fraternal orgs.

…many lusty Clampers went West in the Gold Rush and founded the historic lodges in the mining camps that constitiuted themselves as guardians of the morals of these communities.Their duty as they saw it was to prevent the preachers and pious wives who followed the 49′ers, from imposing any excess of morality that might hamper the full enjoyment of life. How well the Clampers performed this function is commonly known, despite the lack of written records. This lack of written records is attributed to the circumstance that during the meetings there was never anyone capable of keeping the minutes and that afterwards no one remembered what had taken place.

1 Like

Trippy nuanced redlighting instead of streetlights, smart public terminals at corner beanbags (none of that lego/no-slip fakery) to report estimated dankness, offer a Claritin if pollen’s nuts. Tatas, bike pairings, clear streets over greenhouses, fire safety natch. Downer patrol drones. Biome over-unders.

1 Like

Irvine, CA?

Though that might be cheating because the company in question was made for the purpose and wasn’t a widget manufacturer who thought that their mastery of production of the GLX8000 Slimline[1] means that they are a paramount authority on all aspects of human life.

[1] I picked GLX8000 as a caricature of a product designation and, yep, there is a GLX8000. It’s a rack-mounted five channel mixer, apparently.

1 Like

The only example I can think of is Bournville, and that was based around George Cadbury’s Quaker beliefs rather than thinking “I know how to make chocolate so I know how to run a town”

Looking further, I have found this short list on Wikipedia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.