Mario theme performed with trumpet and handgun

Anyone else imagine him as Walter from the Big Lebowski?

5 Likes

Today’s feature: High Caliber Music performed in traditional “you-are-surrounded-sound”. Black tie required, Kevlar optional.

Deep in the Heart of Texas would have been my pick.

5 Likes

You’re Franz Ferdinand, Adolf Hitler and Neville Chamberlain?!

Holy cow, man, talk about burying the lede :eyes:

4 Likes

See, this is responsible gun ownership. Next up, Play That Fungun Music, White Boy!

1 Like

Wat?

2 Likes

Pretty sure he meant these guys.

6 Likes

They don’t look that old… bunch of millennials, maybe. Unless they have time travel?

1 Like

Point taken :neutral_face:

1 Like

You just made Gavrilo have a sad is all… :wink:

1 Like

This is why we wear ear protection people.

Also because of the gun.

5 Likes

Hey, it’s pretty obviously cold in the video. That’s a legit excuse for a trumpet to have screwed up tuning.

3 Likes

Though If you’re looking for a culprit for both wars “Austrians with silly moustaches” would be the category I would choose.

1 Like

I saw him in concert.

Didn’t go well.

8 Likes

Oh, they wanted to start that war and the Serbian/Yugoslav nationalists acting against the Duke was the perfect excuse for going to war.

This would be more impressive if the gunshots were actually timed correctly to replace the coins´ bling sounds instead of being fired increasingly randomly while playing.

That’s a bit of a false equivalence. This guy is, according to his Youtube channel, a shooting instructor. That already means this guy needs to set the example of safe gun use. However, in this video:

• He is firing a handgun while holding it in just one hand. Not impossible, but it’s generally advised to hold a handgun with both hands.
  • He is distracted by the trumpet he is playing

This means he doesn’t know where the bullets go exactly. Now, this might have been filmed at some remote area, but seeing as there is a basketball net behind him it seems to not really be that remote. These bullets fly for a fairly long distance to someplace and will remain possibly lethal for that duration. So, yes, this video shows a textbook case of “reckless use of a firearm”.

Even if this was filmed at a shooting range and just outside of the camera’s view is some target to catch the bullets (or the gun is firing blanks) and it was just made to look more reckless than it was, it sets an example that people might replicate in less safe situations. Again, this guy claims to be a shooting instructor and as such needs to set an example.

3 Likes

[insert some joke about being a time lord]

2 Likes

3 Likes

I think it is kind of silly, but I don’t demand serious behavior, just safe behavior.

2 Likes