Marjorie Taylor Green confirms name calling, will not be upstaged by Boebert

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Green confirms name calling, will not be upstaged by Boebert | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’ve seen children scrapping on elementary school playgrounds who’ve exhibited more dignity and maturity than these two.

15 Likes

I think you need to stop calling them ‘conservatives.’ Maybe I’m just old, but it used to be if you said someone was ‘conservative’, you meant someone like, say, Mitt Romney. For better or worse, at least it was an ethos, as Walter Sobchack would say. But I guess ‘crazy-ass stew of paranoia, random conspiracies, and xtian nightmares’ is a bit much to have to spell out all the time.

8 Likes

Yep, not “conservatives”, more “destructives”

9 Likes

Boebert’s response may be a little delayed. Someone needs to let her out of her locker first.

6 Likes

And more imagination.

6 Likes

No. Crazy is now the conservative brand. Once the dust settles on a smouldering western civilization, “Republican” will be an epithet children use to bully each other.

5 Likes

Given that the Zuckerberg/Musk cage fight appears to be cancelled because Elon’s mother said he’s not allowed to play with the nasty rough boy, maybe this could be the substitute event?

4 Likes

That is Conservative is America now. It would be disingenuous not to call them that. This is who runs the American government now. These are the people who voted for every R in those seats. These are the people sitting in SCOTUS. Racist, conspiracy-loving fascists. That’s all Conservatives in America since at least Former Guy, if not before.

It’s actively harmful to downplay that and act like these people are anomalies or exceptions. They aren’t. These crackpots are the mainstream Republicans now and we must call a spade a spade.

6 Likes

If America’s self-identified political conservatives want to say “these name-calling bigots don’t represent our values, don’t belong in our party and don’t support conservative policy!” then I welcome them to do so.

Until then, I think it’s perfectly fine to lump them all together.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.