Marjorie Taylor Green says heterosexuals will be extinct "in about four or five generations"

This is true!

Though I was taking a more hopeful long view where we stop assigning genders to people and expecting them to live up to them entirely, rather than shifting the expectations around.

5 Likes

And I did not speak out - because I was not a rutabaga

Then they came for Pancake Day…

6 Likes

You’re speaking of marketing in the last few decades. Hardly scientific.

Genealogy shows that the average generation is 25 years.

11 Likes

I’ll gladly spread that rumor anyway just to watch her fellow MAGAts turn on her.

2 Likes

They are not generations, they are demographic groupings created for social media and capitalist purposes.

9 Likes

A relatively minor nit to pick, but how can heterosexuals “go extinct” if homosexuality is “a choice”?

Guys, I think I may have uncovered some breaking news. It’s possible that Ms. Green does not have an entirely rational and self consistent set of beliefs.

19 Likes

7 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

There are billions of humans on earth. At least 80% of them are heterosexual. Most of those will have kids. Even the not straight ones often have kids. Does she even realize the world beyond the USA exists?

6 Likes

I’m amazed she’s smart enough to keep breathing.

8 Likes

Don’t worry, the bisexual/pansexual community will do the reproducing for us.

16 Likes

Yeah, no. No using homophobia, even if it is against Nazis.

17 Likes

4VHDGE4M25ASPCYPF6JAR6VZSQ

7 Likes

Fair enough. You asked me nicely.

1 Like

I would have expected her to be eaten by wildlife or to accidentally shoot herself by now.

2 Likes

I’m failing to see the problem, really.

I was struggling to figure out how she came up with this. First thing I thought of was how conservatives love to talk about how gay people are causing population decline, sometimes formulated as something like: “If you filled an island with only gay people, they wouldn’t repopulate and would die off in one generation!” - which is already both not true and a non-sequitur (Hey, if you fill an island with only people over the age of 70, they couldn’t repopulate! etc.). But how does that turn into “they will outnumber us”? It’s like she heard someone spew that nonsense and really didn’t understand it, but made word-salad out of it to the point where it became the opposite and then repeated it because it was homophobic nonsense her base would like. But then it occurred to me that maybe it’s based on some other weird conservative homophobia. Like maybe she’s premising it on the idea that gay people recruit children into being gay/trans/paying attention to pronouns? Does she think recruiting efforts are getting more effective over time? Eventually gays will take over the world? Does she subscribe to the Alex Jones “chemicals are making the frogs gay” conspiracy and think it’s true for people, too? Also that it’s increasing… for reasons? What flavor of homophobic nonsense is she proposing here?

And more than that, their worldview is premised on a bunch of false binaries. As soon as people figure out those binaries are false, the binaries can get discarded entirely - i.e. they all stop fitting into them.

And now I wonder if maybe she saw figures about changes in how people identified and that’s the origin for this - she did a really dumb extrapolation. (Or, more likely, she’s repeating something she heard from someone who did that.) But it may be stretching to try to ascribe any sort of sense to what she says.

Oof, that’s probably it, and what a weird iteration of replacement theory. Conservatives have been banging on for decades about how gays are bad because they don’t have children. So how does that work with “they will out-breed us” as a fear? (Has EmptyGee so otherized non-cis-hets that she views them as a distinct ethno-cultural group?) But, again, I suppose it’s futile to expect what she says to make sense, or be self-consistent, or even remotely coherent. She doesn’t care about that.

8 Likes

Good. I shan’t have to ask another time though, right?

5 Likes

Modern Art Yes GIF

3 Likes

This reminds me of when the trans singer Dana International won the Eurovision Song Contest, and in the course of complaining about it, some Israeli politician called her a “half-breed”, which made me think, what, like, between a man and a woman?

2 Likes

It’s never just one bigotry at a time

6 Likes