Marjorie Taylor Greene booed out of Virginia rally that ended 5 minutes after she arrived: "Go home!" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/06/marjorie-taylor-greene-booed-out-of-virginia-rally-that-ended-5-minutes-after-she-arrived-go-home-video.html

13 Likes

She was victimized.

14 Likes

Virginia is mostly alright

16 Likes

I wonder why she thinks this was a paid Democratic activist? Activist-- Ok, that’s self-evident. Democrat? Well, she’s part of a dual party system, so maybe that’s somewhat reasonable. Paid, though? Where’s she getting paid?

6 Likes

So was he ANTIFA, a Democrat, a hired goon or a terrorist member of the Islamic State? She can’t even keep her conspiracy theories straight for the duration of a single tweet.

18 Likes

They honestly believe that most Americans are bigots and hateful like them, so the people who oppose them must be paid by the few true democrats that exist (who are secretly marxist/antifa/Islamists).

That and it’s totally projection, because the GOP has hired paid actors to stage protests and such.

21 Likes

The tip of Marge Simpson’s beehive hairdo would make a better representative for Georgia than Marge Greene despite:

• Being composed entirely of hair
  • Potentially not living in Georgia
  • Being a fictional character
5 Likes

You know we’re not all racists shitheads here, right? Or do you think those of us who aren’t (and who, let’s not forget, gave the Democrats the Senate in 2020…) don’t matter? :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

Refreshing to see that level of frenzy against MTG and hate in their state, etc.

Was that bullhorn even on?

2 Likes

OK, that tracks, though I imagine the venn diagram of marxist/antifa/islamists has very little overlap.

3 Likes

A fractional point to her for stopping before the antisemitic terminus of all conspiracy theories. It must have been a real strain.

5 Likes

Depends? :thinking:

But it doesn’t really matter to them. They just use all of those as slurs, not based on any real understanding of any of these terms.

11 Likes

AFAICT he’s not shitting on Georgians, he’s saying that even an out-of-state living lump of hair would be a better representative. Because normally, you want your representative to live in the state they’re representing.

11 Likes

Is he, though? He seems to be indicating that someone NOT living in GA is a better representative, because they’re not from GA.

1 Like

I read it the same as nick_warr, fwiw.

7 Likes

I get in spite of personally, but I’m not here to tell you your interpretation is wrong.

Again, is it?

Yeah, I did. In case you missed my reply…

Given how often people shit on the south here, I’d like clarification from the OP. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

That’s fair.

I’m from the south myself (born and grew up in Baton Rouge), and I live in Missouri. I know it can be frustrating to read comments that characterize your home and its people as uniformly ignorant, racist, flyover-worthy, etc. It sure gets my back up sometimes.

5 Likes

As witnessed by the popular Republican use of “communist fascist” to describe their (extremely moderate) political opponents. It’s just insult word salad for them.

2 Likes

No, that point was a reference to the fact that we (intentionally) don’t know where the Simpsons’ Springfield is located. [I think at one point or another they’ve explicitly eliminated every US state as the location of their Springfield.]

If the Simpsons don’t live in Georgia then Marge Simpson’s hairdo wouldn’t be eligible to represent the state. [Even if it weren’t, you know, fictional.] But that doesn’t matter; even in that case Marge Blue would still be better suited to represent Georgia than Marge Greene because Marge Greene is awful. The bar for “Better than Marjorie Taylor Greene” is lying on the ground.

I had thought that reference was clear (based on the long-running gag about Springfield’s location) but it appears I was wrong. My apologies for offending you.

5 Likes