Marjorie Taylor Greene damages democracy, but not Democrats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/17/marjorie-taylor-greene-damages-democracy-but-not-democrats.html

9 Likes

She’s doing so much to hurt her own party that I half expect Republicans to accuse her of being a plant put in place by the Democrats, except they can’t really do that while she still has Trump’s public approval.

22 Likes

depressing wage increases

I find wage increases the opposite of depressing, but then again I don’t speak fluent newspeak.

10 Likes

Will she manage to get the Speaker canned?
How long will it take to elect a new one?
What chance is there what a few Republicans will be so fed up of the shenanigans, malarkey and general giddy goat acting that they will cross the floor and vote for the Democrat candidate?

11 Likes

Hmm. She is named Greene though. Of course, some molds are also green. :thinking:

8 Likes

Considering that moscow mike is now making noises of actually putting ukraine aid to the vote it seems like moscow marjorie will be another tool to wreck ukraine

4 Likes

tenor

6 Likes

As much as it is said that empty has TFG’s approval, has he ever even mentioned her? With everything he has happening, I doubt he has given her a thought even though she has been trying so hard to get his attention.
I steer clear of most social media and conservative “news” outlets, so this is a real question of mine.

8 Likes

I hope the Democrats step up their outreach to the more moderate remaining Republicans, telling them, you don’t have to officially join the Dem party, but you can work with us and step out of the GOP circular firing squad.

7 Likes
8 Likes

He said “I get along very well with Marjorie” a few days ago, but that was in the context of a meeting with Mike Johnson in which Trump backed the speaker and called Greene’s effort to oust him “unfortunate.” So even TFG is probably getting sick of her by now.

8 Likes

Oh, of course, silly me. I thought the greater good was all that stuff about promoting the general welfare of the nation and all that. I don’t know why I would think that would be more important. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

So she’s really antifa?

2 Likes

Less “Anti-Fascist” than “Aunty Fascist.”

10 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Jared Moskowitz and Marge were having words at a hearing where she kept bringing up nazis and Ukraine. He threatened to do this and then he went ahead and did it.

“Whereas… Greene has repeatedly attempted to block aid to Ukraine, empowering Vladimir Putin’s unlawful violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity,” the amendment reads. “Whereas… Greene has reposed information from the Strategic Culture Foundation, a Russian based disinformation and propaganda channel… It is the sense of Congress that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14) should be appointed Vladimir Putin’s Special Envoy to the United States Congress.”

5 Likes

Already boinged:

4 Likes

I’m probably going to regret asking this, I’m sure the answer will be painful to read, but how exactly, does she expect members of the United States Congress to conscript in the Ukrainian military? For such a short proposed amendment, there are an amazing number of problems in it, not the least of which is a complete failure to understand the meaning of conscription.

7 Likes

It’s tr0lling, just like the amendment demanding “space laser technology” on the border, presumably to zap “illegals”.

4 Likes