Marjorie Taylor Greene declares military service "throwing your life away"

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene declares military service "throwing your life away" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

We think her public service as a member of congress was throwing a perfectly good legislature seat away. She has no place in Congress and should be kicked out of office ASAP.

35 Likes

she can disparage her base all she wants. they will vote for her anyway.

23 Likes

Perhaps we should save Greene’s constituents from “throwing their lives away”. We could also save money (which is ostensibly something the Republican Party is in favor of) by closing all the military bases in Georgia and discharging all military personnel from Georgia, right?

And it’s all thanks to Marjorie Taylor Greene. She deserves all the “credit”.

15 Likes

Please make this f’ing puke shut her deranged mouth.

P.S. Marcus Flowers is running for her seat [hope they steam clean it] before he takes it. https://marcusforgeorgia.com/

23 Likes

And yet she is very popular with the Gravy Seals on Meal Team Six.

25 Likes

And the gazpacho police.

25 Likes

Watch out, you’re go’n end up in the goulash.

36 Likes

It’s weird how Trump and his wing of the party have adopted a highly militaristic “super-patriot” position that’s also blatantly anti-military and their pro-military supporters don’t suffer fatal cognitive dissonance.

38 Likes
20 Likes

Well, given that she hasn’t ever served, I discount this as just more shit that runs out of her shit-river of a mouth.

I served for 11 years as a Navy IDC and combat medic attached to several Marine units. I am mildly partially disabled from being damn near blown up. While I would do some things differently, not a minute of those 11 years was throwing my life away. And unlike that shitgibbon, I made lifelong friends and learned things that there is no other way to learn.

Honor and respect being two of them that she clearly has no concept of.

52 Likes

I’m really glad to read that one! I know that at least part of it is related to age as much as anything else. There’s still an unfortunate number of older veterans who fly both pro-Trump and POW (or other pro-vet) flags at the same time.

12 Likes

Agreed, but the assumption that someone in the military MUST be conservative or vote for the GOP is bullshit and always has been, much like the idea that the GOP is more pro-military, when it’s clear from their attempts to gut VA and privatize it that they are only performatively pro-military.

I think the low showing of Hilary Clinton came more from misogyny, which I can see given that the military is still majority men, rather than from some ingrained right wing conservatism.

29 Likes

Well I guess after this big boner the GOP is finally going to stop inviting her over to all the orgies and blow parties.

8 Likes

Semper Pi

7 Likes

Conservatives have generally been fair weather friends to the military – lip service on Veterans Day, then cutting pensions the rest of the year. But they’ve gotten much worse since Trump got into office – partly because the Hairsprayed Anger Yam genuinely disdained the military and partly because the military refused to help Trump overthrow the government.

22 Likes

Career advice for MTG: Shut Up. Do your job. Also, Shut Up.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t trust this repulsive woman to serve a burger at a cheap roadside burger stand, without fucking it up. :nauseated_face:

11 Likes

And because of his shitfight with John McCain. You can say a lot of things about McCain, but start taking shots at his military record and you anger a lot of the military.

12 Likes

Can I suggest an amendment; Shut up. Do a proper job. Shut up.
Also, MTG :fu:t3:

4 Likes