Marjorie Taylor Greene feels white supremacy suffering unfair scrutiny

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene feels white supremacy suffering unfair scrutiny | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Margarine Tater Greene

crazy ted danson GIF

23 Likes

If she thinks there’s a target on white supremacists now, wait 'til she finds out how mean we were to them during WWII.

51 Likes

55 Likes

EmptyG: “Leave those poor Nazis alone!”

27 Likes

Dear MTG,

Without discussing the inherent fairness or unfairness of the scrutiny, why do you think this scrutiny should not apply to the (white supremacy) group?

15 Likes

I…
Oh My God Reaction GIF

14 Likes

Scrutiny? Screw them all!

17 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Stacey Abrams Democrat GIF by GIPHY News

35 Likes

ETA:

In one particularly provocative recommendation, seen by the Guardian, the review claims there has been a “double standard” approach to tackling different forms of extremism, with individuals targeted for expressing mainstream rightwing views because the definition of neo-nazism has expanded too widely

16 Likes

Let me help!

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

9 Likes

Conservatives: It’s unfair to associate the conservative movement with white supremacy!

Progressives: OK, then maybe we should work together to do something about all these white supremacist terror attacks.

Conservatives: Why are you targeting OUR side??

36 Likes

31 Likes

It’s not even a double standard anymore, more like a teseract.

14 Likes

if you look at the host of the show you can actually see the moment her eyes begin to glaze over.

3 Likes

I encourage everyone to read that whole article. Shawcross was almost certainly chosen for this review because of his known views on Islam (he’s not entirely sure he likes it in Europe).

Shawcross, a former head of the charity watchdog, has made controversial comments about Islam. In 2012, as a director of the neoconservative thinktank the Henry Jackson Society, he said: “Europe and Islam is one of the greatest, most terrifying problems of our future. I think all European countries have vastly, very quickly growing Islamic populations.”

The number of referrals to Prevent relating to far-right extremism exceeded those for Islamist radicalisation for the first time last year. Referrals for far-right threats from the Prevent programme to Channel, which provides more intensive intervention, had already outstripped Islamist radicalisation since 2020.

“The number of referrals to Prevent relating to far-right extremism exceeded those for Islamist radicalisation for the first time last year” but he thinks there’s too much emphasis on that and not enough on Islamic terrorist threats.

10 Likes

Won’t someone please think of the checks notes Nazis?

to offstage Wait, is this right, Bob? It says “Nazis”.

20 Likes

From 1938: “When does Nazi cosplay become real enough to use deadly force to stop it?”

9 Likes

If she wants to argue for white supremacy- she needs to provide much better examples of white people.

I’m not seeing it.

17 Likes

It’s not just “Christian” whites that fit your description.

If (blanks) are superior, notice that the ones who espouse the superiority of (blanks) serve as a masterful counterexample showing they are anything but.