Marjorie Taylor Greene's ugly comment about a woman in a hijab resurfaces

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene's ugly comment about a woman in a hijab resurfaces | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Don’t worry, Greene. The militant looking lesbians have had plenty of reasons and opportunities to kill TERs over the last 50 years. If they haven’t already started I don’t think they will.

27 Likes

Classy.

6 Likes

Not liking Greene is at this point common sense. The idea that’s enough to want to murder someone is, like everything from the far right, projection.

25 Likes

Unless Greene has moved, this isn’t her local library, Alpharetta isn’t that close to where her district is (I think she is from Rome, GA?). I mean, there are probably plenty of Q-nuts in Alpharetta but there are a lot of hijabis and probably a decent number of drag queens too, its an upscale, diverse suburb of Atlanta.

11 Likes

I don’t need more evidence that Greene is a loathsome bigot, but I have a feeling it’s gonna keep on a comin’.

27 Likes

To a right winger, disgust is grounds for eradication.

To a left winger, disgust is grounds for investigation.

21 Likes

I imagine she’s not allowed near her local libraries. Books tend to spontaneously burst into flames when she’s around.

6 Likes

Christ, what a q-hole.

So she had to engage in outrage-tourism to make this video? Makes sense.

A never-ending torrent of shit, I imagine.

13 Likes

12 Likes

I don’t endorse violence in any fashion, but “looking like you want to murder” her? I can get behind that.

2 Likes

I hope there’s a camera there on the day she realizes it truly isn’t her country anymore, and it never, ever will be. I really want to see that.

4 Likes

I would expect there’s an ugly MTG comment about any and every minority group in the world. Ethnic, religious, sexual, you name it.

5 Likes

Could it be her local library, since I believe I remember reading that she actually doesn’t live in her district?

1 Like

Except for far right republicans, which are a definite minority in the US no matter how much they claim otherwise.

6 Likes

Lady! Sticking your schnozz really close to the camera can make you look cute if you are a dog, but it just makes you look more, well, like you. Yes, it’s unfair, go sue all the dogs, but please do not.

2 Likes

Oh, man! I’m getting old and need my eyes checked!

she turned her sights on a “drag queen story time” at her local library.

I read that as, “…she turned her sighs on…”

3 Likes

Also, reminder that she’s from Alpharetta, which is in the 6th district (Lucy McBath’s their current representative), which is in the north Atlanta suburbs where this bigoted shit doesn’t go over nearly as well as it does with some constituents in the 14th, which as of the 90s, still had high levels of racial segregation and Klan activity (although that certainly doesn’t represent all people in that district). Many people in that district spent their time hiding who they were due to that high level of racism and oppression that existed there and continues to exist in some pockets, especially outside of the county seat.

She literally brought a condo in the district (probably in Rome, but maybe in Cartersville?) so she could run there. She’s lived in alpharetta until 2019, and I think, and it’s probably still her primary residency… but people lost their shit when Jon Ossoff ran for the 6th though he lived right outside of it in the 7th. :roll_eyes:

Yes, but it’s only recently gotten that way, thanks to gentrification pushing people out of the city center.

5 Likes

Surprising no one. She is the queen bigot.

1 Like

She lives way too close to me for comfort then, I live in the 7th. In fact I actually used to use the libraries in Alpharetta sometimes because they have more older non-fiction than the ones in Gwinnett. I’m having some sort of existential crisis that I may have been in the same place at the same time as good old Marjorie. I HOPE SHE DOESN’T SHOP AT MY TARGET.

4 Likes