Marjorie Taylor Greene insists the FBI prove they didn't plan the insurrection

Nice times were MTG meaned Magic: The Gathering

1 Like

I don’t live near her district, so never heard about her until her space-lasers speech. It’s possible that during her campaign, she was able to hide the wack-a-doodle, and it did not become clear until too late she was a 5 quarters short of a dollar.

Does anyone know what her campaign was like?

1 Like

I was referring to a particular one, actually. But, yeah, people should be precise as they can in their language if they want to communicate clearly…

No, she ran on her ties to Trump and her “outsider” status - she appealed to the racist element up there (there are still strongholds of KKK activity up there). Her campaign also harassed her Democratic opponent out of the campaign. His marriage fell apart and he left the state. But I understand that many of the GOP who were more rational did not come out for her, so I’m guessing it was mostly the hardcore GOP members who would vote for anyone with an R by their name and the racist elements, many of whom did not vote much prior to this.

6 Likes

Don’t forget her pre-elected harassment of David Hogg concerning his meetings with senators about the Parkland shooting…

6 Likes

And let’s not forget she does not come from the district… she knew she could not win in the 6th where she lived (Lucy McBath is the rep there) and rented a condo in the 14th to run there… she doesn’t know the area, other than it’s got people who are willing to vote for an out and out racist authoritarian.

5 Likes

Modern Family GIF by ABC Network

5 Likes

The Fourteenth, Erickson told me, has a fondness for “the diehard Christian conservatives, as opposed to people with establishmentarian ties.” And Greene’s penchant for controversy prompted a lot of free media coverage to go along with all the Facebook ads she was buying. Erickson believes that few voters in the Fourteenth are familiar with QAnon, and that, even if they are, it didn’t matter. “They don’t care about QAnon,” he said. “It’s ‘Who’s the Trumpiest? Who sounds like the President?’ ” He added, “When you look at John Cowan or Kevin Cooke”—another of the Republican candidates—“there was a perception that they weren’t really with the President. They were just saying it, while Greene meant it.”

from before the election.

2 Likes

This is how the Republic dies: Strangled by voters content to accept anything anyone claims so long as such agrees with their preconceived notions.

She will neither be the last nor the worst. People judged only by their vows of loyalty to the Party Leader and how often they say the magic words “Jesus”, “Family values” and “America first” because while they will cheerfully elect someone insane, it is certain political death not to espouse an undying faith in their invisible friend even while denying by deed the very precepts he allegedly stands for.

Having a horse appointed Consul is a mild eccentricity compared to what we are going to get.

6 Likes

Still are.
I call her Greene. She’s not on the level of RBG, AOC or Magic.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.