Marjorie Taylor Greene is upset that U.S. is seizing more fentanyl

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene is upset that U.S. is seizing more fentanyl | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I have no idea what effect Fentanyl has on the brain.

Glad to see Marje is unaffected though, phew, close run thing.

13 Likes

She’s upset because she’s presuming that more fentanyl is being manufactured than in 2021, and is blaming Biden for this.

I mean, obviously, Biden should have prevented more fentanyl from being manufactured. In other countries. /s

19 Likes

Also… someone “attacked” her in a restaurant, she claimed…

I’m guessing she was challenged on her views, and melted down when confronted…

31 Likes

Or maybe she was just looking at a mirror.

18 Likes

The effect fentanyl has on the brain is to stop it, at least in anything more than a microdose. I’ve responded to quite a few overdoses. It’s a poison, and it kills a lot of people.

That said, it’s also synthetic, I’m surprised it isn’t just being manufactured inside the country like meth.

15 Likes

(George Orwell Speak): “We have increased the Fentanyl production quota to 40 thousand pounds. Double-plus-good work.”

4 Likes

Indeed, Congressperson; why did you stop doing it?

Meanwhile, at the border…

Edit for sense

14 Likes

by itself, the total amount of fentanyl seized doesn’t tell us anything about the total amount of fentanyl they’re attempting to smuggle into the country (edit: apart from the bare minimum total amount). we would have to know the percentage to draw any conclusion either way.

8 Likes

Look, critical thinking is just not her thing. she realized it slowed down the mouth.

17 Likes

She’s losing her supplier!

4 Likes

As far as I know, checked with the DEA website to confirm, fentanyl and meth are not being synthesized in the county in large amounts. It all comes from cartel run labs in Mexico. Some meth is produced in the US but at exponentially lower amounts.

3 Likes

Speaking of which, the right-wingers have been up to some very alarming stuff on both sides of the border recently…

11 Likes

Your logic only works if we have some data to suggest that the fentanyl is being detected at a higher rate. I think what she is alleging is that if more is being seized, it infers that more is coming in and the rate of seizure is likely the same. Unfortunately we do not have reliable data on the amount of unseized fentanyl coming across the border.

7 Likes

Her stated complaint is

So whether the total amount of fentanyl being produced is higher or lower than it was previously, it’s cuckoo-bananas to state “more drugs being seized at border = this President doesn’t care about protecting the border.”

14 Likes

Sure, because MTG is quite well known for her deep thoughts on these issues, rather than just simply opposing whatever the “woke left” is for… /s

Whatever the reason for the higher number of seizures, she would say this anyway, BECAUSE of WHICH administration this is happening under. If this was Trump, she would point to it as evidence that he’s doing a good job.

We really do need to stop treating people like MTG as giving two shits about the American people. She does not - not even ultimately the White Christians she says she represents. She cares about her bottom line, which means grandstanding and attention seeking to drive up donations, and then hurting the people she does not like - non-whites, non-Christians (meaning people who do not believe in her bigoted, prosperity doctrine view of Christianity), immigrants, the LGBQT+, the “woke” left, etc.

19 Likes

Also, “Chinese” fentanyl?

7 Likes

Apparently that’s where a lot of the stuff is being produced even when it’s smuggled into the U.S. through Mexico.

11 Likes

There’s no rational way to parse more drugs being seized as a failure of Customs and Border Protection.

The only failure is our lack of serious will to end the demand for fentanyl in our communities by treating addiction like a public health problem and not a crime.

11 Likes

Huh? Isn’t this proof Biden is protecting 1.9 billion people? That’s our country 5 times over.

And then, but you just said that other thing. If Biden is failing how or why is he siezi so much fentanyl?

This was better.

33 Likes