Marjorie Taylor Greene is upset that U.S. is seizing more fentanyl

I must admit I had no idea where it was being produced and just assumed that sources were fairly diverse. With the success it has found I thought it would be even more so by now.

I’m sure the Americas will be getting on that soon enough. :frowning:

4 Likes

Bystander camera footage:

5 Likes

Photo of MTG respecting a person with a different view:

17 Likes

A lot of very smart people’s take here on what is clearly meant for very stupid people’s consumption on Fox News.

7 Likes

How long has she been taking the stuff?

12 Likes

I’m never sure with Empty and her political ilk - are they really that stupid? Or are they just counting on their base being that stupid?

8 Likes

Needed to add: I love you for doing that job. I could not do that job.

9 Likes

I didn’t realize the woman that testified was from my neck of the woods, there was a story in our local newspaper.

Fentanyl laced drugs is a serious problem but I think this is a bigger problem.

“I had heard of the opioid epidemic. I thought, you know, people are getting prescription drugs and getting addicted and then getting it on the streets, and that it affects their ability to work. I didn’t know that people were dying,” she said.

“I didn’t know that my boys were taking anything that could kill them. They didn’t think that they were either. They thought that they were safe with pills. … But the government knew. The government’s known for years and years.”

This woman appears to have know her kids, both sons, were taking prescription drugs but because she believed it only affected their ability to work it may not of concerned her.

Drug education for parents and kids is needed at a young age.

I know it’s not that simple but clearly some parents need a better education on drugs and help to get that message to kids.

Adults are another story but I think we can do better. I doubt Marge is proposing any legislation to help solve that problem.

3 Likes

Maybe she wants more fentanyl in the USA? Would probably make it easier for the QOP to maintain control if their constituents were drugged up? Not sure that killing your voters is a winning electoral strategy, tho.

1 Like

No, not at all. She needs that righteous indignation to fuel her political career. She doesn’t give a damn about how drug users feel.

5 Likes

Or through Canada, which is sometimes higher volume than through Mexico. But that doesn’t support Empty and the RWNJ’s narrative that the problem is billions of “illegals” crossing the US-Mexico border. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

but, but… madge said just the other day that 6 billion people had crossed the border.
so, let’s magamath™ her figures for a second and divide 12.k lbs fentanyl by all those 6bil border crossers and get like, 0.000002lbs/person. convert to grams/person to get 4.6^-9g/psn. yup, madgie, you got us libs good this time.
i can’t even.

6 Likes

How long has she been taking the stuff?

It doesn’t really matter in her case because She ain’t got no brain!

3 Likes

“Next up: Every time there’s a fire in this small Florida town, the fire department turns up. Coincidence? Fox News investigates this new found troubling connection …”

10 Likes

They seem to think it is. See: COVID denialism

5 Likes

Honestly I like your one word version mucho better! Just say’n. :+1:

Also MAGAganda™

7 Likes

You have to have a brain to be affected
wizard of oz dorothy GIF

7 Likes

Isn’t this the same “logic” that had Trump arguing against widespread COVID testing? Don’t test/seize, or else the numbers will go up!

hear no evil speaknoevil GIF

7 Likes

The Empty-G whack job must be the source for the FB I saw today in the “Everything La Paz” (a group primarily for Americans on the Baja Peninsula, usually containing posts asking about good places to eat, when to see the whale sharks, etc) page. It was an unhinged rant over Biden’s failure to stop Chinese fentanyl coming in through Mexico and killing over 18 million Americans (5.3% of us, I had no idea!), how he must immediately impeached and imprisoned, then tried as a traitor to America. Or something like that. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Grammar school!