Marjorie Taylor Greene keeps beating her "Trump for Speaker" drum

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene keeps beating her "Trump for Speaker" drum | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Trump wouldn’t have to be effective or even show up. These people are used to forgiving their god. It’s the idea of Trump, not the actual person.

11 Likes

Real talk: does Trump know what a speaker of the house does?
MTG’s aspirations for him after speakership seem to suggest she doesn’t.
Does anyone want to explain it to him before he decides whether to accept the nomination? I don’t think he’d enjoy it.

Also, I hear he’s a bit busy with other stuff at the moment.

7 Likes

The performance continues. Say what you will about Empty Gee, but she commits to the bit.

6 Likes

This would be funny if the running of our government wasn’t such a deadly serious issue.

7 Likes

This would also be funnier if it wasn’t literally a riff on the coup plot from the U.S. version of House of Cards.

7 Likes

via TheGaurdian

3 Likes

Literally the only Federal government job that Trump could do (poorly, and with zero qualifications) is President. Every other job comes with too many responsibilities, and not enough power and/or staff and/or perks.

3 Likes

Of course, the plan is to give Trump the gavel, impeach Biden and Harris, and let Trump back into the White House. Once that’s done, he can just cancel all future elections and start executing his 200 million enemies.

4 Likes

Frighteningly it’s less far fetched than his first insurrection.

8 Likes

Yeah, impeachments in the House would probably be instantaneous. Convictions in the Senate might be more difficult, unless they can convince Manchin and Sinema to switch sides for them…

3 Likes

I remember reading in Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury book that Trump was pretty thoroughly disinterested in the workings of the legislative branch (he preferred to rule by fiat) so he mostly just left Paul Ryan to his own devices and then had a hissy fit whenever he found out that he couldn’t do something or other because it was outside the authority of the Executive.

As far as Trump was concerned he didn’t see congress as a co-equal branch of government but a sub-par group of employees. He would never accept the Speakership because he’d see it as a humiliating demotion.

12 Likes

Impeach? Try assassinate. I wouldn’t put it past the deplorables at this point.

7 Likes

“Marjorie Taylor Greene keeps beating her “Trump for Speaker” drum”

Meanwhile, Lauren Boebert keeps beating
off whomever is sitting next to her at the show.

3 Likes

They’d have to convince a lot more than those two. Conviction in the Senate requires a 2/3 majority. Even with Manchin and Sinema, the MAGAts would have to convince an additional 16 Democratic Senators to vote guilty. That’s not going to happen. I don’t even think the House votes to impeach. All they would need would be for 5 Republicans to vote no on impeachment to defeat such a measure, and I think that’s likely, given the deeply divided nature of the GOP right now.

7 Likes

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 Likes

You’re right – I’d forgotten the 2/3 requirement, which is a big thing to forget.

Of course, Speaker of the House Donald Trump can’t count too high and would just declare himself the winner no matter what… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He didn’t know what the President did and still doesn’t. He thinks it’s akin to being a king… it doesn’t really matter, when you just want to tear shit down so that you can rule over the ashes.

Or just more people for him to rule over whose only real job was to lick his boots.

6 Likes

What’s funny, Trump wouldn’t want to do the work it entails. Can you imagine him on the floor of the house trying to call it to order and put a bill up to a vote?

“What this - a bill for new roads? You know they say all roads lead to Rome. But of course ours don’t. We got a little thing called the At-lan-tic Ocean in the way. Most people don’t know that. So our roads don’t lead there. But they do lead to Mexico, where day after day thanks to the corrupt Biden crime family, millions of illegal rapists and terrorists are streaming through to destroy- what? What? Oh I am just supposed to read the thing? Which thing. Well the writing is so small, why is the writing so small? Look, why don’t you just do it for me, I got a tee time in 30 minutes…”

15 Likes

Jesus, I could actually audibly hear that comment.

10 Likes