Marjorie Taylor Greene now calling vax requirements "segregation"

I prefer:
“Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.”
–Travis Bickle

3 Likes

I’m with you, not just about her, but also surprised not to have seen more of “no shirt, no shoes, no service” used as talking points to explain why this “vaccine discrimination” is totally okay.

5 Likes

Except that ignores the context of a term like segregation in US history. Much like she was attempting to conflate things like mask mandates with the holocaust, she is doing the exact same thing here with Jim Crow segregation, to try and make it look like anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are the “real” victims of actual discrimination. She is using that work deliberately to make the listener draw that conclusion. They are not, of course. Taking it out of context ignores what she’s attempting to do here, which is claim a space of victimhood for people who aren’t in fact victims, but are instead hurting others.

15 Likes

AIDS

I don’t know what Marjorie typically does in a restaurant that might lead to HIV being transmitted, but I’m going to decline any dinner invitations.

11 Likes

To be fair, variolation (with actual small pox) was much riskier than vaccination (with cowpox) introduced by Jenner in 1796.

7 Likes

The story of how that occurred sounds frighteningly familiar. Humans don’t really change.

7 Likes

I bet she is already vaccinated and is just playing it up for her plague spreading cretinous support base.

After all, genuine belief is for suckers according to the GQP.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Money - she wants to stake herself out as the rightmost of the hardest of the far right so she can get some of that Mercer money.

5 Likes

I recently read a book written in 1877 called “Japan Day by Day”, by an American called Edward S. Morse who was living in Tokyo. It seems that he was rather optimistic that anti-vaxxers would be eliminated from the gene pool… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Makes sense. Since January, Brietbart has slid past the far right coherence event horizon on rocket skates.

When someone tells you that they believe a little nuclear war is good for people, and that their pet quack has many thousand bottles of human urine, believe them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.