Marjorie Taylor Greene now calling vax requirements "segregation"

It always goes back to money.

4 Likes

Washington too. Had the Army inoculated.

12 Likes

But I suspect that lot need no encouragement or reinforcement from shit-spewer MTG.

4 Likes

I am slowly seeing more Republican leadership speak up about getting vaccinated. I hope it is enough to get more people to act.

I hope that enough of her base in GA (who can elect her) chose a more traditional conservative shit stain, and not this absolute loon.

I hope too that I or no one I know who was vaccinated dies from these fucking morons.

My HS friend on FB was vaccinated, and still masking, but she caught it. She has symptoms, but not severe enough to be hospitalized. Hopefully she is feeling better.

6 Likes
11 Likes

The Boebert Slides™

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s totally nutty on multiple levels - they keep mentioning difficult to transmit infections, but also things like ebola that famously have involved strict quarantining that they themselves were demanding (I’d bet large amounts of money Greene was demanding draconian measures for potential ebola patients in 2014). It’s this weird hairball of stupidity and inconsistency. (Although to be fair, they’re totally consistent in their motivation for their changing positions, which is racism, homophobia, etc.)

Bingo! (I don’t think she’s smart enough for a long game.)

12 Likes

Plus, don’t they close restaurants for a while when staff has been found to have hepatitis?

7 Likes

At this point, I think these motherfuckers should catch a manslaughter charge every time one of their non-vaccinated constituents dies.

5 Likes

As Alexandre Dumas said, “Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.”

Rep. Greene doesn’t seem to rest.

6 Likes

The first decades of the 20th century were a scientistic age. Hard won lessons about sanitation were eagerly embraced and extended by sexists, racists, moralists, and fascists. Drastic measures to save a city from typhus could be extended to save a “nation” from other forms of loosely analogous “decline”.

2 Likes

Sure, in Soviet America they do! Real Americans just eat even harder!
/s

2 Likes

Yeah it’s this. It’s just a bad-faith fake misunderstanding of English in order to trolley people.

Because putting criminals in jail, hiring the most qualified candidates, or just deciding who to invite to a party are all “to segregate” in the dictionary definition sense of “separating things or people into groups.” Which is obviously different from the segregation as the long standing US laws and customs preventing people of color from accessing the same things as white people, or broader definitions of illegal discrimination where the job qualification becomes your genitals or your crime your skin color.

Some right wingers are truly stupid enough and so unwilling to think that they don’t actually understand this, but Rep Greene is not one of them.

6 Likes

Yes and… as long as she is servicing the GQP victimhood narrative, she will continue to be the useful idiot who makes people like McConnell seem “reasonable” or “centrist.”

She does reliably deliver the on the Cult45 media strategy of constantly taking up a lot of MSM bandwidth with utter lies–so, on-brand. She’ll probably be asked back if the Dems can’t find a candidate to beat her. At least four have tossed their hats in:

13 Likes

Unfortunately, back in 2014, Greene didn’t have a political record. In 2016, she was a columnist for the type of q-anon rag that gets its facebook posts removed.

5 Likes

Back in 2014, without a platform to garner her attention, she was no doubt reduced to loudly telling everyone around her what she thought should be done with ebola patients…

6 Likes

That ATS logo is exactly the sort of ridiculous thing I’d make if I were attempting to make an image mocking fascistic jingoism.

9 Likes

Haha, bringing logic to an idiot fight!

1 Like

She’s a shit-poster.

That’s literally all it is.
She enjoys making the most outrageous shitposts and the attention it gets her.

She’s basically a 14 year old brat/bully/shitposter who scored the largest audience ever, the GQP.

She doesn’t even work. She just rants and gets paid for it.

She’s deliriously happy.

12 Likes

It is absolutely segregation. The restaurant is segregating the population into two groups-- those who have had the vaccine and those who have not. The owner is discriminating between those groups. I think it’s OK.

3 Likes