Marjorie Taylor Greene on planning for the future: "What's the purpose of that?"

They’re hard core existentialists. Nothing exists but themselves and this moment.

4 Likes

Existentialists believe that who you are is created by the actions you take, and that you are responsible for those actions. I don’t believe that MTG feels a sense of responsibility of any kind, for anything she does or says.

8 Likes

An excellent point. They don’t even know how to be proper existentialists.

I’d sure hate being paired with her for a card game if she can’t think of the future.

4 Likes

Sadly, I bet they think she’s awesome.

I mean, she’s “owning the libtards” right?

Just look at how upset she makes them! Ha Ha! wE’Re wInNInG!

Not “Jesus Fucknuts! She really turned out to be a stupid and evil bastard didn’t she? Man, voting her into office simply wasn’t worth it, regardless of how much she pisses off reasonable people”…

5 Likes

Cool, thanks!

2 Likes

That is the best possible explanation I’ve heard for the actions of the GQP.

I mean, even nihilism has a stated purpose, although I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of them this rampantly militant about it.

3 Likes

They have been quite clear about this for 40+ years now, it’s the reason they are focused on Colorado so heavily. USAF delivers the nukes and they believe if they nuke Jerusalem it will force gawd to return.

5 Likes

Well, Jesus specifically says not to make plans for the future or even tomorrow and not to worry about it so I Imagine this makes sense to her and others of that sort.

There is a Valles Marineris-sized gap between “living in the moment” and being a death cult queen or king of denial.

3 Likes

No regard for the future? Completely consistent with the Republican agenda. See also: climate change.

9 Likes

That’s different. Defense bills are about giving money to arms companies right now.

7 Likes

Because jerbs.

F’ng Death merchants.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.