Marjorie Taylor Greene scares Kevin McCarthy into submission: "I will never leave that woman"

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene scares Kevin McCarthy into submission: "I will never leave that woman" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

So he’s weak-willed as well as being dumb. That should work out for his tenure as Speaker.*

[* probably a short one, since he’ll only need to cross these fascists once before they turn on him.]

22 Likes

Heck, the Republican who served as Speaker of the House during the Clinton Administration couldn’t even bring himself to pledge such fealty to his first wife when she was recovering from surgery to remove a deadly tumor.

21 Likes

Will he even need to cross them? I can see one of them being grumpy and thinking they can do his job and calling for a vote.

8 Likes

How Newt Gingrich’s bedside visit with his hospitalized first wife has haunted him for three decades.

Really more haunted by his already crappy reputation with anyone who has a shred of human decency. I’m sure ol’ Newt himself has slept very well at night for all that time.

9 Likes

Kevin McCarthy is basically one of the sniveling toadies who hang out with the grade school bully to keep from being wedgied and shoved into a locker like the other kids.

15 Likes

“I will never leave that woman,” he told a friend, according to The New York Times. “I will always take care of her.”

If he ends up divorcing his wife and they become a DC power couple, I am just going to go drown in my own vomit.

9 Likes

I’ve been wishing them into the corn field for a while. Where’s Billy Mumy when you need him?

13 Likes

Has Kevin McCarthy ever been to Stockholm?

6 Likes

Living the credo of any political animal:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

1 Like

I would be shocked if McCarthy’s “friends from high school,” if they do exist, want anything to do with him today.

6 Likes

Is Vegas taking bets on who will be the first to call the vote? Of course, I am guessing it will happen more than once. It took 15 to get him there. It will probably take 15 to get him out.

2 Likes

At no point do they even nod in the direction of serving their constituents. Damn.

5 Likes

Well, Speaker McCarthy does have all the charm of rolly polly fish heads. So there’s that.

7 Likes

Wow, you think far more highly of him than I do!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.