Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Junior that all Capitol rioters were antifa

Question: How to do improve the memory of MTG?

Answer: Put her under oath to “tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.”

MTG: (silence, punctuated by the occasional “I don’t recall.”)

10 Likes

There are just so many layers to this: the idea that “antifa” for the first time ever would show up at a protest and not only not clash with Trump supporters but also actively pretend to be them. All while advancing Trump’s agenda, in the way that he explicitly asked people to do, risking life, limb, freedom and the possibility that Trump might actually manage to stay in power, all to make Trump and his supporters “look bad.” But to make them “look bad” they then also had to inspire/egg on/mentally control those supporters to commit acts of violence and lawlessness - without doing the same themselves (or at least without being caught or even seen doing so), such that every single person identified as having committed acts of violence and lawlessness were Trump supporters. And then, when those Trump supporters get arrested and admit that, yes, they were entirely inspired by Trump and his allies, it gets ignored.

I understand it, though - it’s all cover for the cognitive dissonance that came about after four years of insisting that antifa were violent, not them, only to be confronted by “pro-law enforcement” Trump supporters beating up cops.

12 Likes

Cops from OTHER STATES beating up cops. Which also isn’t getting reported enough how many of these insurrectionists come from active duty military and active police forces.

That this thing didn’t turn into a military coup is going to shock historians 50 years down the road when everything is clearer than it is now. (And now it’s pretty heckin clear.)

8 Likes

Shut your mouth so hard your head implodes, MTG. “ANTIFA were the insurrectionists” is the one lie so egregious that nobody actually believes it, only pretends to, and here you are encouraging this stale gaslighting when you’re perhaps the most openly insurrectionist politician of them all. There’s not even an attempt at consistency here, the cognitive dissonance is being put on a pedestal deliberately as if to say “yes, I’m well aware that everything I say contradicts everything else, and I’m doing it on purpose to piss off anyone who actually has morals”.

11 Likes

She also tried explaining away the Jewish laser with Jr. giving her cover.

Jr. also called Fetterman a vegetable.

Those two need to go.

1 Like

Blatantly lying and contradicting yourself without any consequences shows how powerful you are.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

5 Likes

It is, as usual, projection. Agents provocateurs are after all a popular method used against left-wing groups all the time, both by state authorities and by the far right.

10 Likes

They lie, they fail
They lie, they fail, they lie
Lie, lie, lie
Fail, fail, fail
The Vacant and Twitchy Shooooow

10 Likes

Head like a chinese spy balloon - massive and empty.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s both denial and projection. After it turned out that pro-Trump forces were using the BLM protests as cover to indulge in arson and violence, the right are still ignoring that and using those protests (or more accurately, their fantasy version of the protests, in which whole cities were set ablaze) as evidence that (only) the left are violent. Projection becomes part of the total reshaping of reality.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.