This Trumper claims antifa was behind J6, but can't explain why antifa would want to help Trump overthrow the government

Originally published at: This Trumper claims antifa was behind J6, but can't explain why antifa would want to help Trump overthrow the government | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Link to the video, @frauenfelder?

ETA: Found it on Twitter:

24 Likes

Um… no link?

2 Likes

“I have a different view of this,” says the woman. But she doesn’t explain what her different view is.

Sure, because trying to explain it would require her to think about it, which would cause fatal levels of cognitive dissonance.

22 Likes

These freaks have had over a year to come up with an answer to that question and haven’t even been able to articulate a batshit insane explanation, let alone a coherent one.

Reminds me of the 9/11 Truthers who still can’t explain why the government would work so hard to disguise a series of bombings as a handful of hijacked airliners instead of just picking one kind of attack and carrying it out for real.

18 Likes

why antifa would want to help Trump overthrow the government

18 Likes

The problem is after the fact, when it was clear the attempted overthrow failed, it ended up looking more like a super violent riot, so bad optics (to say the least).

BUT, how would “antifa” know the overthrow would fail?

9 Likes

I’d say they just parrot the words without actually thinking about any of it, but that’s an insult on parrots, who seem rather smarter and more socially adept critters (not to mention cuter!) than most Trump supporters.

17 Likes

ANTIFA … You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means.

9 Likes

Karen

26 Likes

Because. They’re. Fucking. Morons.

7 Likes

The stupid thing about this is that there is an explanation they could make which, while still wrong, would answer the question, but these two haven’t even thought or read about it enough to know that explanation. I heard the explanation from the more coherent wing of these jackholes on the evening of January 6: it was a false flag operation by Antifa/the Deep State to make it look like Trump and his supporters were trying to overturn the election and/or overthrow the government. And that’s why it failed, because it was never supposed to succeed. The whole thing was staged. That these yahoos can’t even come up with that bs says a lot about their ability to think rationally.

14 Likes

I mean it’s sad they can’t articulate their misguided argument. I think they mean to say antifa was committing a “false flag” attack to besmirch the good natured trump supporters.

Yet all of that falls apart upon any close inspection of what they continue to say and how they refuse to actually condemn everyone that partook in the insurrection.

5 Likes

damn I should’ve just read your comment before responding.

3 Likes

Please just stop. Stop trying to attribute some kind of logic to the nonsense these idiots spew. They don’t care about logic. They don’t have a connection to reality. They don’t even know why they believe what they believe other than they support their god/king Trump. Why waste any effort trying to make sense of ti?

8 Likes

The day I realized that god King wasn’t a joke and was actually what they view him as was the day I realized what’s really going on here.

3 Likes

Yours was more concise. I can get wordy.

4 Likes

3 Likes

It doesn’t really answer the question, because a) even they have to acknowledge that Trump overtly organized it and it was part of Trump ally plots, b) so an Antifa “false flag” operation that risked advancing Trump’s agenda makes no sense (when there were better options), and worst of all for them c) they actually approve of January 6th (even the violence). So they’re stuck trying to both justify it and denounce it simultaneously - Antifa get used to explain away just the specific bits they think reflect poorly on Trump supporters.

Also, I don’t think they really believe “Antifa” were involved, either. At best it’s something they say to soothe their cognitive dissonance, but saying it is also a way of “owning the libs.”

5 Likes

OK, but, there is a conspiracy theorist “answer” to this seemingly confounding question:

This just shows how insidious and clever Antifa is! Sure, this riot's objective was against Antifa's own interests. They knew the Right had all the motives to stop the election, and that the Right will be blamed for it, and suffer all the blow-back. Classic false-flag.

2 Likes