Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens Homeland Security chief to resign "if he knows what's good for him"

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens Homeland Security chief to resign "if he knows what's good for him" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Still haven’t read all of the Constitution yet, eh EmptyG? No, he’s not going to be impeached, the motion will not make it to the Senate floor.

34 Likes

Impeachment happens in the house. The senate votes on whether or not to remove from office, and that’s the part that won’t happen.

13 Likes

Of course if I said that, the FBI would be over to investigate me.

18 Likes

I’m aware. I’m also dubious that there actually is a majority in the House to available to pass a resolution. Some GQP, particularly the ones that made it into office by a razor-thin margin, would be utter fools to vote for this impeachment.

24 Likes

It would seem that the “empty” in EmptyG also describes her threats in addition to her head.

15 Likes

Marge might have the support to pass a bill she introduced if it was to fund a fireworks display in Washington DC on the Fourth of July.

If she introduced articles of impeachment against anyone (except maybe herself or Lauren Boebert) she’d get laughed out of the room.

14 Likes

Apparently MTG and her friends don’t actually believe there’s really a sinister Deep State any more than they really believe in Jewish space lasers. You’d have to assume that the Head of Homeland Security would necessarily be pretty high up (low down?) in any theoretical Deep State, and if you start menacing them with Mafia-style “if you know what’s good for you” threats, it would be reasonable to think that they might react in some way.

I mean, it would be a pretty lame kind of Deep State if they didn’t at least drain your master brake cylinder or put scorpions in your sock drawer when you annoy them. But Marge doesn’t seem too worried about the possibility of that happening.

18 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a shame if her name suddenly and mysteriously appeared on the No Fly List.

14 Likes

Given Boebert dissing her, I expect those articles any time now.

10 Likes

Well some of them are utter fools, so Marge can count on them.

4 Likes

Not enough to get an impeachment trial… which was @IronEdithKidd’s point.

9 Likes

Ha, the Constitution is for losers!

4 Likes

How MTG can even mentally process why Mayorkas should be impeached is an impossible feat in itself.

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

14 Likes

“I don’t like him” = High Crimes and Misdemeanors

No actionable reason, of course.

15 Likes

Those would seem too suspicious. Given how much she spends time around a lot of people who are obsessed with guns whose adherence to gun safety practices is not 100% I’m honestly surprised we haven’t seen more accidental shootings among the GQP before now. A Deep State with the kind of power Marge thinks it has would find it easy to arrange such an accident. “Project Dick Cheney”, perhaps.

But then Marge seems like the kind of person who thinks it would be a good idea to blackmail Batman.

7 Likes

I’ve really started thinking of most of the Congressional Republicans as characters in a Coen Brothers comedy or Fiasco game. These are people who are exceedingly dumb and exceedingly ambitious and exceedingly overconfident. Seems to me, the good ending, for most of them, is spending a decade or two in a federal prison, and the bad ending, for most of them, is getting shot by a cop, a security guard, or some schoolgirl’s angry father. In Marjorie’s case, there’s a decent chance she’ll blow herself up trying to build more pipebombs.

10 Likes

America: refusing to learn that giving in to extremists will only lead to them to be bolder in the future since 1776

4 Likes

Deep State: They seem to be nothing more than government drones just doing their jobs, but in reality, they are exactly that: sinister beings trying to maintain a functioning state despite the incompetence, malicious and otherwise, of elected officials.

The Deep State Actors have bound themselves to the “rule of law”! HA HA HA HA FOOLS!

5 Likes

She’s got a lot going on.

2 Likes