Marjorie Taylor Greene turns against the U.S. military, calling them "woke" (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene turns against the U.S. military, calling them "woke" (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

She’s whistling to the Nazis in uniform. Choose sides she says.

27 Likes

Goodbye GIF

20 Likes

I mean… yeah. At this point can anyone honestly say they aren’t one and the same?

15 Likes

The Gibbering Never Stops!

21 Likes

Republicans have been down on the military since at least Jan. 6, and probably well before. Trump expected the military to come out and help his insurrection out, and the armed forces pretty solidly said no way. Plus Republicans want to get a hell of a lot more Nazis in the military so they can get more military training, all the better to wage war on non-Nazis.

12 Likes

I can’t even express how bloody sick I am of the word woke. It is absolutely meaningless.

woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke woke

Fuck off

9 Likes

It used to be a perfectly good word, used by a particular population in a particular context, to describe a concept in need of a good shorthand.

Then, because it was a useful shorthand for a useful concept, it spread beyond that population.

Then, because it was useful to people generally on the left, the far right had to do everything in their power to steal that word so as to make it impossible to talk about that concept, or at least, to do so quickly and easily.

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.”

23 Likes

I disagree. The word ‘woke’ is highly informative.

If someone uses it as a pejorative, you can be about 99% sure that they’re an asshole.

32 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

MTG vs. US Military.

Let them fight.

6 Likes

I totally understand what you’re saying. I was never really satisfied with the word. Even before the scumbags co-opted it. But yes, it easier to say than, “kind, caring, sympathetic, concerned with the welfare of all human beings”.

But now that the nazi fascists have put it into their own disgusting mouths, it has become meaningless to me.
These fuckers ruin everything.

4 Likes

Socially conscious, or just conscious.

Because a lot of folks are out here straight ‘sleep…’

13 Likes

Worst Mildred Gillars impersonation ever.

8 Likes

She … wasn’t a fan before, either?

9 Likes

It’s long been lip service at best. Standing by while Trump repeatedly trashed the military. Spreading racist lies about John McCain in order to nominate a draft dodger who sent other peoples kids to die in a pointless war then doing the same thing to John Kerry 4 years later. I’m not going to get into how good or bad a presidential candidate either one of them was but they were both better than Bush. Nor do I think dodging the draft makes you a bad person, but they certainly don’t look like a party who values and respects military service, and that’s not even getting into military policy issues.

Republicans love the idea of the military but hate the actual people. Mostly they like shooting people.

9 Likes

“The most wonderful people who believe in service to God and service to country are Trump supporters.”

Uhhhh… what? Those are the same people who attempted to overthrow our lawfully elected government in service to their cult leader. They definitely do not believe in service to country.

5 Likes

MTG praises the freedom to be straight, white, christian, and to stand on the neck of anyone who isn’t. Viking culture is alive and well and living in the heartland. They seem to forget that white people are outnumbered thirty to one on this planet, and all those other people are just getting desperate and angry.

3 Likes

I’m beyond disgusted that this thing can still serve as an elected official while criticizing the military for not welcoming in Nazis with open arms. America has never been close to perfect, but if there’s an exact opposite of its highest ideals, an anti-patriot that stands in direct opposition to safety, justice and sustainability, it’s MTG.

3 Likes

They believe that their country is or should be a white supremacist ethnostate, which means that overthrowing the government to establish a white ethnostate is to them the highest form of patriotism.

3 Likes