Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to impeach Biden for saving Brittney Griner from a Russian penal colony

So even the paid mourners will take the money upfront and then forget to turn up. /s

2 Likes

True, but a lot of people will probably go along just to confirm for themselves that she’s actually dead.

4 Likes

Update: i read yesterday he spilled no tea while in prison. so he may not fall out a window after all.

3 Likes

I think in intresting part in this is that it shows where Russia’s priorities are. We want a basketball player and they want a famous arms dealer? They may as well say what he was doing was state sanctioned at this point.

4 Likes

The no position is the “I have cats and am tired of re-rolling tp all the time” position.

3 Likes

I thought this article was reasonably convincing that it wasn’t as bad a deal as the original hot takes would have us believe:

Summary: The judge who sentenced the guy already believed that the original sentence was more than what was warranted, he had already served out most of what he was likely to serve, and it’s very unlikely he’s just going to be able to jump back into what he was doing.

15 Likes

Exactly. All the numbers in his rolodex are outdated. Whoever took over his gun running duties won’t step out of the way when Viktor returns.

9 Likes

No, this is the real monster!

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 11.31.29

7 Likes

Metal-Toilet-Paper

This version is recyclable

8 Likes

I think one only ever needs one sheet of that!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1601201354919157760

4 Likes

Actually, I have to say, being a straight white man probably gives Paul Whelan a measure of protection that Griner lacked in prison there… He still serving hard time, of course, but I’d bet she’d be under more of a threat than Whelan would. That being said, Black Americans USED to have a high profile in Soviet Russia, due to people like Paul Robeson aligning himself with the Communist cause as much as he did. I’m guessing that even then, Black citizens of the Soviet Union still faced racism, even if it officially did not exist… Much less so now, given how much the Russian government is married to the politics of ethnicity. Still, it’s damn shame we could not get them both home and I hope that the administration can find a way to get him home…

8 Likes

Haven’t we evolved as a society so that we’re all okay with the seashells?

3 Likes

I hope he gets to come home soon too but I’m getting mighty annoyed at all the gross right-wingers who say stuff like “why did Biden work to free AMERICA-HATING DRUG SMUGGLER instead of a PATRIOTIC MARINE??”

The guy was dishonorably discharged from the USMC for actual crimes against other human beings and is accused of spying, which is a much more serious charge than carrying a small amount of cannabis oil (though of course it’s entirely possible the charges themselves are bogus). So yeah, it’s hardly a surprise the Biden administration was willing and able to get her out first.

11 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

All they’re doing is showing that they are playing right into Putin’s hands and that they are racist, homophobic assholes… but of course, their base loves that shit, so…

9 Likes
8 Likes

Tbh he’s 15 years removed from his networks, suppliers, etc. Seems like the sort of thing one can’t get right back to after this long a hiatus.

Russia/Putin’s goal here is making a show of faith to a comrade/brother-in-arms, imo.

6 Likes

Same here. Thats the only thing in my house.

1 Like

If Toyota ever offered some opinion on MTG’s stunt (which I doubt), it would be impossible to confidently predict how it would go.

7 Likes

My annoyance with the rightwingers complaining about this stems largely from the fact that 99% of those complaining had never heard the name “Paul Whelan” before last week. But now his case is super duper important.

and of course next week they’ll kinda sorta remember him should you bring it up.

5 Likes