Marjorie Taylor Greene's husband divorcing her

Is this about the shooting-hogs-from-helicopters thing?

18 Likes

So we have a single mother raising three children on the public’s dime? Is she one of those “welfare queens” the GQP is always talking about?

For her sake, she’d better find herself a man and marry him, real quick-like. Women can’t raise children on their own, you know. /s

32 Likes

She’s probably using it as a form of dating. You know the religious right won’t tolerate her being unmarried for long.

2 Likes

I’m sure all across the Q-nut-o-sphere there are middle aged guys thinking “so she’s available now??!!”

5 Likes

I hate this because she’s probably getting married to someone more deeply imbedded in the GOP’s machine.

5 Likes

Now I suspect that this contest she’s running isn’t just about bagging herself a (four-legged) hog.

16 Likes

I guess it was one Zangief cosplaying physical trainer too many.

9 Likes

Respect…
I don’t think you get to use that word

17 Likes

21 Likes

I thought MTG’s “Big Girl” views were that taxpayers should be able to have access to politicians. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Finding the door locked, Greene and her companions speak through the mail slot, telling the congresswoman to come out. (It’s not clear if Ocasio-Cortez was actually in the office at the time.) “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, I’m an American citizen,” Greene says. “I pay your salary through the taxes that you collect for me through the IRS because I’m a taxpaying citizen of the United States… So you need to stop being a baby and stop locking your door and come out and face the American citizens that you serve. If you want to be a big girl, you need to get rid of your diaper and come out and be able to talk to the American citizens. Instead of having to use a flap, a little flap. Sad.” One of Greene’s companions creepily adds, “You can’t stay in there forever. Come out and play.”

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1393208622054842368?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1393208622054842368|twgr^0549f380013e502b9db48075368809a288665e8c|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3601819450879641015.ampproject.net%2F2209072154000%2Fframe.html

19 Likes

That really was the final straw. They’re just from different worlds. He was born a shoot-elk-from-a-zeppelin man and he’ll die a shoot-elk-from-a-zeppelin man. It was bad fate that he opened his heart to a dyed in the wool shoot-hogs-from-a-helicopter woman but the heart wants what the heart wants. When their eyes locked through their individual scopes as they were hovering over that petting zoo, there were fireworks. Sure, the explosions were because she shot his blimp down with a tracer round. But his heart was filled to bursting. So were his lungs from the exothermic expansion of the gasses which has previously kept him aloft. He fell hard and landed harder but he never once looked back. The neck brace wouldn’t allow it. Their relationship faced its share of slings and arrows when they each experimented with different ways of killing different critters for fun but they always had each others’ backs. Still, she always got a strange look in her eyes when they passed a bag of chicharrones or watched a Porky Pig cartoon. She was born to fly free, while gunning down large numbers of feral omnivores and claiming she was just helping farmers out.

35 Likes

That’s a running gag on Amber Ruffin’s show…

Though once they did a bit with two people playing her and Boebert as Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets…

About 4 and half minutes in:

16 Likes

OM-F’ing-G, how have I never heard of Amber Ruffin till today?!? Watched that skit and there goes my productivity for the day as I binge this show like Peter OD’ing on Bird Is The Word! Thanks for sharing, Professor!!! ^____^

11 Likes

Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

She’s amazing! She writes for Seth Meyer’s show, and does a couple of recurring bits there - Amber Says What and Jokes Seth Can’t Tell (with Jenny Hagel):

And she’s been doing her show since 2020… It’s only getting a few episodes this season, but it’s worth checking out! One of my favorite clips is How Did We Get Here, where she gives a back story to something related to current events…

19 Likes

But that’s a step up for them in their self-image. /s

9 Likes

I can hear Amber in my memories of Seth, but that’s what being next to a radiant person is like, where everyone within their orbit ends up sounding like them. Thanks again, I feel like I’ve just found a new source for 'isms sharp enough to cut glass. ^_____^

bow bowing GIF

9 Likes

“Marjorie has been my best friend for the last 29 years…”

Dude, stop right there and RUN, don’t walk, to see a therapist.

11 Likes

Excellent question; you’ve been missing out.

13 Likes

Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

She’s a national treasure! I love when she has her sister on with her…

12 Likes

@Melizmatic & @Mindysan33, love this line: “I am filled with joy and a little bit of shame, but mostly so much joy.”

11 Likes